8

3rd pov

The night was quiet besides the laughing coming from around the fire , it was the first time any of the ranch hands had actually seen blair happy . Lee smiled slightly as he watched from his spot , even though he would never admitted this out loud.. it was time the blonde woman moved on from the pain kayce had put her through.

Walker had apologized to blair after the fight and now the two were laughing together, no one would even think they had been fighting a few days back .

" I knew this bitch named Hannah, she liked kayce so I took her flash new car for a joy ride , took it back smelling of dead fish and horse shit " blair admitted as they talked about things each person around the fire had done to someone. Jimmy spat out his drink making everyone laugh even harder " I remember that, we followed you and kayce was freaking out about how fast you drove " Lee managed to say through the laughter that made his face hurt " what are we laughing about " rip questioned as he made his way over , walker tensed up when he saw the way rip looked towards him " about the time blair stole Hannah Andersons car " Lee answered as rip sat down between him and blair " it was a good time but the way she smelled after wasn't " rip agreed about that interesting night .

" did you ever get in trouble for it " walker asked wanting to know the out come of it " her family actually moved not long after so no I didn't " blair answered with slight smile, rip laughed slightly knowing the reason the Andersons moved " thats cause you rang up her mother pretending to be from the youth parenting clinic " Rip reminded her of the day he caught her on the phone " holy shit " walker laughed followed by a " damn " from Jimmy.

As the night rolled on most of the hands had gone back to the bunkhouse... leaving walker and blair by themselves " make sure she gets back to her room safely " Rip told walker before he left.

Walker had thought rip and blair were together when he first saw them but after talking with lee , he realized thar wasn't the case " has he always been protective over you " walker questioned once rip was out of ear shot , blair placed her empty bottle beside her before answering " been like that since the first day I met him " was the truthful response she gave .

Blair's pov

I glanced towards where rip had gone before turning my attention back towards walker , his eyes on me as he looked in thought " so he would kill me for this " he whispered slightly before moving his hand to the side of my face , he leant closer towards me .
My eyes widen slightly but my body didn't move , my heart bounded at the thought of being this close to someone .. shit this guy is about to kiss me and here I am thinking about my ex . As walkers lips touched mine , I felt a slight tingling through my body .. maybe because I'm actually enjoying it or because this was was my first kiss in a long time . My lips matched his perfectly but the sound of footsteps made me pull away , I turned my head towards the sound but I couldn't see anyone in the dark " I should probably go " I quickly told walker before moving from where I was sitting " yeah I should do the same " he replied following my movement, he must of heard the footsteps seeing as he kept looking towards where they had come from " goodnight blair " he smiled slightly as he watched me walk back towards the main house " goodnight " I called back before I got to far away.

As I walked towards the the main house I could feel eyes watching me but I couldn't see anyone, whoever was out here didn't want me to know who they were , I quickly made it though the door to find Beth still awake " what's got you in a hurry " she turned asking when she heard for fast movment " just wanting to sleep " I lied not wanting to worry her about someone watching me as it was probably Lee just trying to scare me and I wasn't going to say anything about what happened with walker , don't get me wrong I love Beth but she can let secrets slip " you look a bit flustered , are you getting sick " she pointed out as she moved to feel for forehead, Beth was always like this .. worrying about me all the time " I'm fine just needing a good sleep " I spoke letting her know I was alright but her eyes showed that she didn't believe me " you probably are just tired " Beth finally agreed with a forced smile before making sure I went to my room . I sighed once my head hit the pillow and let the sleep take over me .

The sound of a babies cry woke me up, I stumbled out of bed and towards the sound ... the hallway was dark until I reached the end room. The crying was coming from the only room with a light on " shh it's okay " I whispered to the small baby , Their eyes closed as I held them to my chest and their small blonde hair blending in with mine " mama " a small voice behind me whispered, turning my head to look at caden standing at the doorway " why is she crying " my son asked me as he came closer to look at the small baby in my arms " she's hungry " I admitted as I rubbed the baby girls back " dad's turn to feed her " caden smiled before running down hallway, my eyes slightly widen at his words ... I had a family. The small baby in my arms is my daughter and caden has a dad , I moved towards the hallway to see the man I shared a family with but everything started to fade .

I gasped sitting up in bed at the dream I just had , I rubbed my hand through my hair before climbing out of bed . As I walked out on the porch I noticed the small amount of light from the sun rising. The slight breeze was cold on my arms but it was relaxing.

A few hours later i was reading a book to caden when the phone rang , I didn't pay to much attention when John had answered but my head shot up when my name was mentioned " kayce wants to speak to you " John informed me as he passed the phone towards me , my eyebrow raised in confusing " hi kayce " I spoke as I moved the book from my lap to the table " blair... I'm sorry for calling but monica is in the hospital and I was hoping you could come down " kayce voices was emotional as he spoke , I could hear tate crying in the background " I don't think she'd want me there " I admitted as things with Monica was awkward after the day kayce was arrested " I know but I just need someone to come get tate and I " was Kayce's response to me mentioning that his wife didn't like me " alright.. I'll see you soon " I agreed and hung up before I changed my mind , I turned to John to ask if he could watch caden for me and borrow the truck " he already mentioned it to me and I'll watch caden" John spoke before I could, like he knew what I was going to say " thank you " I smiled before kissing my sons head and heading out the door .

My mind and heart was racing as I pulled up to the hospital, I was nervous to see kayce after he helped me the other night but I was worried about tate seeing his mother in a hospital " excuseme " I spoke to the older lady at the desk that had her back to me , when she turned towards her eyes widen slightly at the sight of me " oh miss Grayson, how are you " she smiled remembering me from the time I was here after my accident " I'm fine Mrs Johnson, would you know where I can find kayce Dutton " I smiled at her hoping she would be able to help me avoid Monica " he's in the waiting area with his son " she admitted pointing towards the left hallway " thank you " I smiled again Before walking the way she pointed . As I turned the corner, my eyes landed on kayce holding tate close as the young boy wiped his tears " blair " tate gasped noticing me first, his face was red and stained with tears , kayces face was a mix of sadness and anger but slightly relieved I actually came " thank you for coming " he admitted as I moved to closer to sit beside them , tate turned his body to face me more " are you sure you don't want to stay longer " I asked making sure he hadn't changed his mind about me coming " not really welcome here at the moment, had an argument with the nurses and security about scaring tate " kayce told me before his eyes found the nurse looking at us , I remembered her from when I was here and she wasn't nice to me either " do you want to go now " I questioned not sure if he was ready but tate standing up comfrimed they were . Once we were in the truck heading back to the ranch, kacye told me what happened " tate said she went to break up a fight and got hit in the head " kayce spoke quietly trying not to wake his son up , I didn't take long for tate to fall asleep once we were moving " what did the doctors say " I asked actually concerned for the woman I didn't like " they think she will be fine but needs rest , they told me to go home until things come down with the nurses... plus the last thing Monica said to me before the accident was she hated me " kayce starting conferencing everything to me about what was happening with Monica, I could tell he still loved her because kayce was the type to love someone until he couldn't anymore .