4

A/n : this chapter contains multiple Flashbacks

3rd pov

Some people thought kayce and blair were meant to be , they had fallen in love at only 15 . Blair's family had owned the ranch next door and the pair had meet on the edge of the two ranches 

Flashback

"Kayce .. i need you to check the fence between us and the Grayson ranch " John called out to his 15 year old son " yes sir " kayce called back before turning his house to tack the old trail towards the tree line . As kayce scanned the fence he spotted a black and white dog running through the grass looking for something, he reached for the rifle he carried but stopped when a blonde girl appeared from the Grayson side " sorry about that he gets a bit carried away " she called out apologizing for the dog crossing the boundary line " no worries as long as he's not chasing any of our cattle " kayce responded kindly as he moved his horse closer to the fence " nah hes a hunting dog " she smiled slightly as she scanned the tree line as if she was looking for something " have you seen any cattle around here " was his next question but her answer wasn't what he expected " they are probably dead .. just like ours "
. Kayce was slightly confused by that but she explained something had been attacking cattle along the boundary that resulted in them being put down . Kayce had returned the news to his father but couldn't stop thinking about the mystery girl ... he didn't even get her name.

A few days later they ran into each other down by the river " we meet again " she called out to him , this time she had stopped him first " I didn't catch your name the other day " she spoke again as he stopped his horse near hers " it's kayce.. kayce Dutton " he replied as he put his hand our for her to shake " blair Grayson " she spoke  as she made contact with his hand " still looking for what's killing the cattle " Kayce questioned when he noticed the rifle blair had " yeah , still looking for the missing cattle " she questioned him with a smirk on her face .

The pair had agreed to continued their search together " I hope to run the ranch one day " kayce admitted when blair had asked what he wanted to do in life, she was surprised by his answer.. most boys she new wanted a city life " what about you " kayce asked as their horses stopped near a fallen tree for a rest " well I want to be a bull rider like my uncle " blair admitted as she stood on top of the fallen  tree " I want to feel free " she continued making kayce admire her choice. She green eyes stood out as the light hit them , kayce had never seen a girl so beautiful in his opinion " wait .. shh " he quickly whispered making blair stop ,a noise came from the tree line behind them ... just before blair stepped of the  log , a loud roar came from the trees making her fall but kayce caught her bride style " thanks " she smiled forgetting about the sound for a few seconds. As Kayce put her down they had realised the horse had taken off with their rifles . The next roar was louder and closer this time making them both panic " run " they both said before they ran in the direction away from the sound.   Blair stumbled across the rocks with kayce right behind her " do you think we are far enough " blair questioned trying to catch her breath " yeah I think so " kayce replied turning his head slightly to see their horses not far away " what's the luck of that " blair joked before getting the horses .

Back to present day

Ever since that they met each other regularly near the boundary line, they never ran into what ever was out their again but it did make one great story .

It didn't take long for the pair to fall in love , blair had opened up about life with 3 sisters that hated her and kayce had opened up about losing his mother

But things change when their secret got out

Flashback

Slap ..." I didn't raise a whore " William Grayson yelled as he slapped his youngest daughter again " William .. how dare you " his wife pulled him away from their daughter " Annabelle, get out of my way " he demanded with fire in his eyes " no I will not let you hurt our daughter "Annabelle yelled at her husband but he was still determined to spill his daughters secret " Levi saw her with that Dutton boy , letting him do whatever he wanted " he explained with a loud voice for their other children to hear " no daughter of mine will be with a Dutton, so she needs to decide what's more important.. family or a Dutton " he again demanded in a loud voice not caring that he made his wife start to cry " I'll always pick kayce ..." blair proudly said before her father slapped her again. Blair was given an hour to pack her things and leave , she made her way through to the Dutton ranch by horse and her dog .

" Mr Dutton, Mr Dutton " rip called out as he ran to get John when he saw the approaching girl " what in the world is going on " John spoke as he came out to see what rip was yelling about. Beth had followed her father" it's the Grayson girl " rip informed them as her horse came closer "Miss Grayson.. is everything alright " Beth asked when she noticed the younger girls red face " I got kicked out and have no where to go " blair admitted.

Back to present day

Ever since that night she was welcome in the Dutton home , John excepted the relationship between her and his son better then anyone thought. No matter what happened in life Beth said they were meant to be .

" blair.. you can't stay in here forever " Beth spoke as she sat on the bed , blair refused to see kayce and hid in her room since rip brought her back " fine but I'm not talking to him " blair replied before getting off her bed . She found caden outside playing with tate , even though she hated kayce for what he did ... she would never hate his son " finally.. I missed your annoying comments about not doing things right "  rip joked as he saw blair walking over to him " well I didn't miss having to correct you " blair joked back with a smile .

Kayce stood by the barn and watching blair , some days he wondered what would life be like if he had stayed with her . When he left blair part of it was he was sacred to be a father but he didn't want to hold blair back from her dream of being like her uncle, he couldn't take her dream away by starting a family but some days he wished he did stay . Of course he heard all about blair Grayson in the rodeo business, he was proud of her .