5

Note :  as I've stated I have changed the story line, I won't be inculding some things that have happened and I won't be inculding some characters, I will be adding my own .

3rd pov

Her blonde hair moved with
The breeze, she smiled looking at caden who was riding Roman through the long grass " you shouldn't be out here , he would lose his mind " rip called out making blair spin around " who " she questioned at her slightly annoying friend " the father of that little one " he replied with a slight smirk as he pointed towards her stomach.. looking down she noticed the large round bump .

Blair jumped up with a gasp, the strange dream was confusing and she didn't understand why she had it, was  it a way of showing her future but who was the father that rip spoke of . As Blair walked  out the front she was to busy in her own thoughts to even notice Beth was sitting in one of the chairs " where are you going " she questioned the younger woman , blair slightly jumped at unexpected voice " Jesus Beth, you scared me " blair answered while placing a hand to her chest , the pair were very close ... blair was like the little sister Beth had always wanted but some things they hadn't told each other needed to come out at some point.

" I was just going to take a walk and clear my head " blair answered honestly

" sit down .. you look like shit " Beth joked pointing to the empty chair beside  her , in some ways Beth had only ever trusted blair with her secrets.. she knew what ever she told blair wouldn't go any further,  not even to rip .

" want one " Beth questioned holding up her packet of cigarettes " i thought you would never ask " blair joked holding out her hand .

" what's bothering you " Beth questioned looking over at her , blair leant her head back and blew the the smoke out " just a strange dream " she admitted as she watched the sunrise " there is some things we need to talk about.. but not here " Beth replied as there would be to many listeners around the ranch . Just as Beth had finished her sentence..the door opened "   good morning " kayce greeted when he noticed his sister and his first love , Beth slightly smiled at her brother before replying " morning, did you stay here last night " she was curious as she hadn't  heard him or his wife the night before " I did , Monica and tate went home " kayce answered but his eyes stayed on blair who refused to took in his direction.

Kayce's pov

My sister greeted me but blair didn't look at me once , her eyes stayed on the sunrise. I had to admit I was hurt by the fact she ignored me but I couldn't blame her ... I had left her when she needed me . When I saw her the first time in 10 years I finally realized what I had lost , she taught me love and loyalty... she showed me that I was much more then the youngest Dutton and I ruined that because I thought I was holding her back from her dream " morning kayce " blair spoke after Beth had nudged her, hearing her voice this early reminded me of when we were together " good morning blair " I replied as her eyes finally looked in my direction, surprisingly her eyes held no anger this morning... all I could see was the beautiful green eyes I use to wake up to , the ones that were calm and tired.

" I'm going to go find rip  " blair said as she stood up before turning to Beth "could you let mel and caden know where i am" was her final sentence before walking towards the bunk house " she was surprisingly calm " Beth commented after blair was out of ear shot " yeah " I agreed turning my attention to my sister " I was waiting for her to bite my head off " I added on making Beth smike " I would have loved that " she replied probably imaging it .

" why did Monica and tate go home " Beth questioned as I took the seat that blair had left empty " we had an argument about her not wanting to be here and she left " I answered thinking back to the night before, truth is Monica and I didn't love each other the way we use to . Over the years we have started falling apart but we try for tate , I still love my wife but I don't think she feels the same.. " she expects me to be someone I'm not " I continued as "  sounds like you picked the wrong woman to marry " Beth commented before leaving me alone in my thoughts.

Blair's pov

As I walked towards the bunk house I tried to push kayce out of my head , I knew looking at him was a bad idea ... but I couldn't help myself i had to see if there was any regret in his eyes but it just ended up with me missing him .

" morning boys " I called out when I saw them already making there way out of the bunk house " morning " Lee smiled giving me a gentle hug  " good morning blair, you look nice today " Jimmy said as he came to my side " thank you  Jimmy " I politely said before moving towards rip " what's on the list today " I asked as I walked beside him " we are moving the cattle closer for branding and I need someone to check the fences " he answered as we reached the barn " I can do the fences " I suggested hoping he would let me as I needed something to do " fine but be careful.. I'll send someone out to check of you halfway through " he agreed before he saddled up Roman for me " could you let Beth know where I have gone please " I asked him as I climbed into the saddle " sure " he replied before I nudged Roman forward and headed for the the paddocks that needed to be checked . As I rode along the fence line near my father's ranch I could see people moving cattle on their side but I wasn't close enough to see who they were , I continued checking another fence noticing a hole big enough for a calf to get through.. I turned my head when I heard another horse approaching . I signed when I realized who the rider was " you alright " he asked looking over me to check any signs of problems " I'm okay kayce , just marking this hole " I replied bending down to tie a piece of cloth near the hole but I felt a sharp pain in my side making me groan " I'll do it " kayce spoke as he climbed off his horse and took the cloth out of me , I stood behind him with my hand pressed against where the pain was coming from "  lift your shirt " kayce said as he turned around noticing me holding my side " I'm fine its nothing " I brushed him off and turned to climb on Roman but the pain got worse when I went to pull myself up " you aren't fine " kayce spoke as he pulled me away from Roman " just let me check " he added once I was in front of him , I rolled my eyes slightly as I pulled the side of my shirt up for him to see the area around my scar " looks fine to me , probably just  pulled a muscle " he spoke as he gently touched my skin until I felt his fingers stop on the tattoo of a K on my hip , I had gotten the tattoo one night when Beth and I convinced an old friend to do it
... we were drunk as It was Kayce's birthday. 

I felt his fingers leave my skin before he pulled my shirt down " I'll help you up " he told me as he moved over to Roman " I can do it " I told him as I slowly pulled myself up but he still helped me swing my leg over " let's go back " he suggested but I said no I needed to finish my job or rip wouldn't give me another one " fine but I'm coming " kayce spoke as he turned his horse to follow Roman.

As we continued kayce would mark the holes for me to make things easier, we didn't talk much but he would ask if I was alright " I think that will do for today " I commented as he finished marking another hole.

" mama " caden called out as his little legs ran out the door once I was on the porch " hey little man, were you a good boy " I asked him as I carefully picked him up trying to ignore the pain in my side " yes mama , John is giving aunty Mel a job to be my babysitter while you work " caden answered with a big smile as he cuddled into my chest " this is kayce " I told my son as I pointed to the man who had followed me to the porch " and this is my son caden " I told kayce as I smiled at my boy " hello Mr kayce " caden said with a  smiled , this made Kayce smile in return " hello caden" he replied ....... this made me wonder what it would have been like if kayce and I did have a family.

A/n : i apologize as this took me longer then I thought but I hope you like the new chapter  . Let me know your thoughts on it .

how do you feel about the kayce and blair moment

I also apologize for words I use as I am not from America so I'm not sure what everything is called