T h i r t y - f o u r

Kota's POV

Yasu suddenly becomes speechless. I see sweat dripping down her face. I'm shocked. I'm startled. 

"Now the question is..." Kokushibo-dono mutters. "Are you... my descendant... or his descendant...?"

A string of biwa interrupts our conversation. The scene becomes more tense.

I look up to see Muzan-sama standing above us. All the uppermoons are here. Kokushibo-dono drops Yasu mid-air and she collapses onto the floor with a loud 'thump'. They immediately kneel down.

"What is with all this commotion? I hope it's about the blue spider lily." Muzan-sama sneers, looking down at us. 

"No sir..." Kokushibo-dono answers, keeping calm. 

Muzan-sama glances around and spots me and Yasu. He narrows his eyes at Yasu, but ignores me. I guess that's a good thing?

"You came right to your death, human." Muzan-sama says to Yasu in a cold tone. "Surely you weren't stupid enough to walk right into the demon's hideout." 

"Actually," Yasu looked straight into Muzan's eyes. There is no hint of fear in her voice. "I was stupid enough to walk right in here."

I glanced at Muzan-sama. Hopefully this won't get me killed. 

But Muzan-sama's attention is somewhere very far from where I am. I can see clearly in his eyes.

Fear.

"Muzan-sama..?" I mutter, and this snaps him out of his thought. He heard me? I swear I was being quiet. 

It only takes a glare from Muzan-sama to shut me up. He gestures something with his hands. The uppermoons relax a little. I guess that means 'talk freely' or something.

"Yasu..." Kokushibo-dono calls out. "What kind... of breathing style... do you have...?"

"Oh yeah!" I perk up, clasping my hands together. "You never told me what your breathing style was."

Suddenly Yasu is in the center of attention. The three strongest demons are now circling Yasu, and I'm part of them. The other uppoermoons just peak from above. 

"Why would I tell you guys?" She scoffs. 

"Just spit it out before I snap your head open." One of Hantengu's forms yell at her. This doesn't make Yasu happy.

She takes out her Katana and gets up. She walks straight towards the demon who is sitting down normally. 

"You can't kill me, weakling." He adds more fuel to her fire. 

Dad is watching with excietment, Akaza is looking intensively. Kokusibo-dono is just... existing. I glance back towards Yasu. As much as I want to help her, I can't. 

Turns out, she didn't need my help.

I couldn't even catch her movements. Tomioka-san said my visions are great, and that I was strong enough to follow the movements of the strongest uppermoon. But I couldn't catch Yasu's movements.

Hantengu's arm falls to the wooden floor. He widens his eyes. I widen mine too.

"Why does it burn?? Why can't I regenerate?? You used some stupid poison, right, human?" He shouts, grabbing his shoulders.

"I don't use some lame poison." Yasu answers, snarling. 

This event gets Kokushibo's attention. 

"Perhaps... Sun breathing...?" Kokushibo-dono comments. Yasu turns her head around.