T w e n t y - e i g h t

Kota's POV

She slips her hand out of her sleeves. "You should pay more respect to me," her face darkens. "I do call you 'Kota-san' but I'm more powerful than you and older than you."

Seriously? Okay, I get she's way older than me, but she acts like a 2 year old!

I roll my eyes. "Sure thing, Grandma."

She opens her mouth. "Grandma??? I'm not some wrinkly old woman! I'm way prettier than you!!"

I decide it's not the time to argue with a child. "Good bye."

I walk past her and out the door. I can see the fumes coming out of her ears. 

I'm definitely switching houses.

I walk out of the house, and try and find Uzui-san. I'm going to tell him I found her. 

 ---------------------

I spot Tanjiro in the crowds. It looks like he is buying some udon. Great timing. I'm starving. 

"Tanj!" I call out. My mouth doesn't want to say the other part of his name. He turns around and sees me. 

"Kota! Nice to see you!" He waves, and I take a seat beside him. Zenitsu is there too. 

I glance around, but I don't see the boar guy. "Where's Inosuke?"

"Oh," Tanjiro says, getting me a bowl of udon. "Uzui-san sold him. He said Inosuke looked like a girl."

I laughed. "That's what he looks like? A girl?? No wonder he didn't want to show me his face!!"

"That's not very nice, Kota." Tanjiro mutters, holding out his chopsticks. I stop.

"Didn't you say I look like him?" I question, remembering the time he compared me to Insouke. 

He slurps his noodles. "Mhm. You guys look identical."

I stir in that for a moment. "Huh... So I guess I know his face already."

I grab my chopsticks and start shoving food in my mouth. The taste explodes, and I sigh in satisfaction. 

I feel like I forgot to tell him something though... "Oh!!" I stand up, almost knocking my bowl over. "I found the demon!!"

Tanjiro looks up from his bowl. "Already? Okay then." 

Zenitsu screeches. "ALREADY??? WE'RE GOING TO DIE!!"

Why is it so funny to see him scared? I decided to put more fun into it.

"I also think it might be an uppermoon." I whisper, making Tanjiro's eye widen. Zenitsu almost passes out. 

"Uppermoon? Good thing we have Uzui-san with us..." Tanjiro finishes his udon, and stands up. "Let's go get Inosuke and Uzui-san."

--------------------

"Uzui-san!" I shout, roaming across the busy streets. I stop and listen. No sign of him. It's been an hour! Where is this crazy man??

I clench my fists. "UZUI-SAN, I SEE A FLAMBOYANT DOG DOING A BACK FLIP! IF YOU DON'T SHOW UP, YOU'LL MISS IT!" I yell on top of my lungs. This might do the trick. 

I feel a strong wind blowing against my face, and Uzui-san comes into view. "Where is this flashy dog you're talking about??"

"I found the demon." I say, heading back to where we'll be meeting the trio, completely ignorinh his question.

He catches up to me. "What about the flashy dog?"

"He went away. You came too late."

He sighs. I continue walking back to the udon shop.

"Uzui-san, the demon seems to be an uppermoon." I mention, and he perks up on that. 

"I'll be able to flamboyantly kill that uppermoon!" He laughs. He sounds like he killed one already.

I sigh and sit on the chair. I order one udon for Uzui-san, hoping it'll shut him up. When the food comes, he doesn't even bother to look at it. He's too busy complimenting his flashy personality. Instead, I gobble down the noodles trying to ignore him as best as I can.

--------------------

"Kota!" I hear Tanjiro and turn around. He's coming towards the shop with Inosuke. Inosuke's head is glancing around to the side. He's not wearing any mask! I wonder how identical we look like.

"Uzui-san! You're here!" Zenitsu clings onto him. "I was so scared a demon would attack me!!! You're here so you'll be able to fight them right?? PLEASE DON'T LET ME DIE!!!!"

"Of course not! With my flashy swords and my flashy self, I'll be able to protect you all!!"

I groan. Zenitsu just added more fuel to Uzui-san's burning flashiness. 

"You found Uzui-san! Now you just need to lead us to the demon." Tanjiro says, dragging Inosuke who's lost in the brightness of the town.

"So bright!!" I hear Inosuke's non-mask voice for the first time. It sounds the same, just two times louder. 

I jump off my seat and run towards Inosuke. I poke his arm, and smile with my eyes closed. "You're not wearing your mask!"

"Tch." I hear him scoff. 

"Wow!!" Zenitsu exclaims. "You guys are literally identical!" 

I turn my head towards Zenitsu. "Seriously? How are we supposed to be identical? Stop saying that, you guys. It's insulting. I'm way better." I say the last two parts sarcastically. 

"You really do though! Flashy!" Uzui-san points at both of us. I cross my arms. 

"Okay then." I turn my head towards Inosuke and pop my eyes. My mouth touches the ground. 

I'm looking into a mirror.