T w o

Kota's POV

I inhale deeply as I step closer to my father, holding my flowers in hand.

"What are those in your hand?" He says, walking up towards him, covering the bottom of his face.

"Flowers!" I say, holding it out to him. "For you!"

He snaps his fan close, gently grabbing the flowers I got for him. His hand brushes against mine, sending chills behind my back.

It's ice-cold.

He examines the flowers, one by one. "Beautiful flowers, my dear~!"

I grin widely at the complement. "They're pretty just like your eyes!" I point it out.

He makes an "o" with his mouth, placing the flowers and his fans on his futon carefully. 

I stood there quietly, waiting for him to say something. He did not. I didn't like awkward moments, so I decided to speak first.

"Dad, are you free today?" I ask. There. Simple question.

He shakes his head. "I have some people coming in later."

Not very surprising. I look down at the floor. When will we ever have time together?

He sees me, and crouches down to my eye level, and ruffles my hair. "We'll spend some more time tomorrow. I'm free! But for now, I must go dear." He says, getting up and walking out the door, shutting is behind him.

It's okay. We'll hang out tomorrow!

I decided to hang around in his room for awhile, since my room is being cleaned right now. I'm walking around when I spot a photo. I carefully pick it up, and examine it.

It's a painting of our family. I see myself in my father's hand. Beside him, there is... a woman I don't recognize. And in her hands, there is a baby boy. He looked similar to my age. I wonder who they are...

My eyes trail off of the painting and I make my way to his futon. I plop down on it, careful not to ruin the flowers, or his fans.

"Why does he get to have a giant futon when I don't.." I pout, poking his blankets. I reach for the flowers and fans and pick them up, and I make myself to the painting and place those items gently beside it. I go back to his futon, and bury myself in his blankets. I roll around his futon with his blanket wrapped around me.

I seriously have nothing better to do right now.

Then I hear the door open. I'm on my back, so my vision is all upside down. But I can make out my father's figure.

"Oh dear," he stops, processing what I am doing. "I forgot my fans, but I feel like I walked into something interesting. What in the world are you doing, my darling?"

I roll onto my stomach, as he sits beside me. "I'm bored, father. Do you have any friends I can play with? I'm so tired of playing with all the women here. They're all so boring!" I wail, holding onto his arms.

He places his hand on his chins, and perks up. "I do have one friend. He can play with you! I'll call him right away." 

My father quickly makes his way to the door, but suddenly stops. "Oh, one thing before my friend comes. Don't be scared by his looks. He has blue lines across is body, and has a very, very pale face. Paler than mine! But do not worry, he is very nice and will take care of you. Well then, see you, my dear!" He smiles and is soon out of my sight, leaving me with a confused face.

Why does he have lines across his face? Does he think it's cool? Also, he's paler than father?? Father is pale enough, but paler? Is he okay?!?!?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been waiting for about 15 minutes now, and I finally hear a knock.

"Miss Kota, Lord Douma's friend is here to see you." I hear Akari's soft voice speaking.

"Come in!!" I say, finally getting the chance to see this mysterious looking man.

The door opens, and a really pale guy steps in, with pink hair. And father was right, he has lines across his body.

Thats dad's friend?