T h i r t e e n

Kota's POV

"W-what?" I whisper, bringing my hands to my knee. 

"I'm sure this is a hard choice for you. I'll give you two days to decide. Then, you must tell me." He says, adjusting his hat. "Goodbye for now."

I get up from this couch, and walk towards the door. My head is spinning. I slide open the door and step out. I let in a deep breath as I close the door. 

"Done talking...?" Kokushibo's usual slow voice greets me. I nod. "Okay... Let's take you... back to your room..."

In a flash, I'm back in the room that I was staying in. I slump down onto the bed sheets. What just happened? My head burns.

I feel a cold hand resting on my forehead. I look up to see my dad smiling. "How was it, my dear?"

I pat the sheet beside him, and he takes a seat. "What am I supposed to call him again? You know what, I'll just call him 'Muzan-sama' like you guys do. Muzan-sama asked if I wanted to help him capture Yasu and bring down the Hashiras- wait, what are Hashiras?"

He laughs and moves behind me. He starts playing with my hair. "Well, the Hashiras are the strongest of the Demon slayer corps. They are bad people who try to kill us demons! They target us the most, since we are the strongest. Why don't you accept Muzan-sama's offer?"

I stay silent. If I accept his offer, I'll be able to train as a 'Demon slayer'. But I'll also have to be careful because the slayers might kill me if they find out I'm spying for Muzan.

"I'll think about it." I mumble. 

He hums and pats my head. "I'm going to go have some food now~! Take some rest."

"Ooh! Can you bring me some-" I stop. I just remembered he eats humans. I gag.

"Hahaha! I don't think you want my food, dear!" He laughs, heading out of the room.

--------------------

It has been a few days and I have decided to help Muzan. If I decline, he'll probably kill me. Kokushibo just dropped me off in front of Muzan's office. I'm currently gathering my courage.

"Someone out there?" Muzan's voice comes from the inside. I yelped in surprise. 

"Y-yep!" I answer, sliding open the door. It's now or never.

Muzan puts down his book. "Have you decided?"

I nod. "I decided to help you." 

Muzan gets up. "Good choice. Akaza will drop you off in front of one of the Hashira's houses. We'll wait till the sun sets, then you'll go. All you need is to listen to their plans, tell me. Also make sure to blend in."

I nod slowly, and bow quickly before leaving the room. I'm so glad I didn't die.

--------------------

Akaza drops me off next to a house, and leaves right away. He said he was not in the 'mood to fight today'. I walk into their yard, and look around. I have a whole plan in my head.

I'm not going to befriend any of the Hashiras. I'm going to stay quiet, and stay in my place. That's- all I have in mind right now.

I take a deep breath and knock on the door. It's pretty late and I don't know if they're awake right now.

I wait a few seconds. No answer. I raise my hand to knock again when I hear a voice behind me.

"Do I know you?" The voice says. I turn quickly to see the depressed man I saw at the festival! He's a hashira?

"Umm... I kind of got lost, and uh- I was hoping for a place to stay, 'cause I'm scared of the dark." I make up a quick lie, hoping it'll work.

It worked wonderfully. He invited me inside. I'm now sitting awkwardly on the living room floor, waiting for him to bring tea.

"Here," He comes with two cups in hand. I carefully take one, blowing the tea before sipping it carefully. 

"Thank you... what's your name, mister?" I ask, since I don't know his name yet.

"Tomioka Giyu," He replies quietly. "I prepared a spare room for you to sleep in. The room is down the hall there. Good night, then."

"Good night, Tomioka-san." I say towards his back. He's not very talkative, is he? I guess I can learn from him, since I talk too much.

I quickly finish up my tea, and walk down the hall. I glanced around and spotted the room he was talking about. I step inside the room and close the door behind me. I let out a deep breath. This is going to be harder than I thought.

--------------------

I yawn and get up from my futon. The sun is shining in my eyes, and I'm annoyed. I force myself to get up. 

I get changed to my kimono and head out. I wonder if Tomioka-san is awake yet.

"You're awake," I hear him in a different room. I quickly follow the voice and end up in the kitchen. "I made some breakfast. Eat this and then you can leave."

Wow. Cold much? I grab the food he made me and swallow a big bite. "Tomioka-san, I was wondering if you can train me to become a slayer.." I say. He looks at me.

"Why do you want to become a slayer?" He asks. Shoot, I haven't thought of that.

"Ummm, becuase- because my family got killed by a demon! Ye- yea. That's why." I quickly lie. I'm getting better at thinking up lies, though that's not a very good thing.

"Oh," He trails off. "Your story is similar to that Tanjiro boy. I guess I'll train you. When should we start?"

Tanjiro? Why do I feel like I know a Tanjiro? I snap out of my thoughts and turn my attention back to him. "Can we start after breakfast?"

Hes eyes widen slightly. "If you're that desperate. I have some comfy training clothes in my room. I'll go get them. Finish up your food, and don't make such a big mess." He frowns at the mess I made. I chuckle nervously. This is embarrassing-

I quickly inhale my breakfast and get up. I clean up the mess I made. Tomioka-san comes back with training clothes, and hands them to me. They look comfy.

"Go get changed and come out to the backyard. We'll start with hand combat." He announces, and I obey. I hurriedly got changed and tied up my hair. I wonder what it's like to be trained by a hashira. 

I slide open the door to the outside. It's officially my first day of blending in.