T e n

Kota's POV

That's the Kokushibo dad was talking about? A demon? He's friends with a demon?

"You... look similar to someone... what is.. your name... demon slayer?" He asks, in a low, firm voice. 

His voice sends chills down my back. I'm terrified. Yasu stares at him in horror too.

"Uppermoon one.." She whispers, completely frozen in place.

He twists her arm a little. She flinches in pain. "You didn't... answer my question... what is... your name?"

"Y-yasu-" She groans, trying to escape from his grip.

"Last... name?" he asks, holding her arm more tightly. 

My father steps in. "Oh! She doesn't have one.. Poor soul, right?"

Kokushibo lets go of her arms. As soon as she's free, she reaches for her katana. Then I realize that Kokushibo had already taken it.

"Filthy demon! Give it back!" She yells and charges him. I put my hand over my mouth and shiver. What is she thinking?

But instead of hurting her, he picks her up by the back of her uniform. 

"Hey!" She swings back and forth, her fists in the air, her feet kicking. He doesn't budge an inch. 

"What... a nice katana... you have..." He says, slowly examining her blade. Then he seems to notice something that makes him surprised. "Where did... you get this pattern... I've seen it... long ago..."

Yasu is completely drained, due to her wounds. "What do you mean?" She sneers, glaring at him. "I just held it in my hands and that's the pattern it took. Don't ask me anything."

He turns to her and blinks. He blinks every single one of his eyes at different times. It was kind of cool to look at. "Interesting..."

"Anyone going to ask if I'm okay?" Akaza pouts, crossing his arms. "Am I that invisible to you? I literally just got attacked!" 

"Oh, Akaza-dono! Right! Are you alright? Are you hurt?" My father gasps, patting Akaza's arms.

"Ugh! You know what, I changed my mind. Let me stay invisible. I don't mind that a single bit."

My father sniffed, placing his hand on his chest, pretending to be hurt. "Akaza-dono~ Why are you so mean to me~?"

While my father and Akaza are bickering back and forth, I focus back on Kokushibo and Yasu. But wow, they really look alike.

"Put me down!" Yasu declared, punching his arm. He gently places her back on her foot. She stays like that for a while, and stares back at the demon. "You- you're just going to put me back just like that?"

"...yes?" He answers in his firm voice.

"I didn't expect that-" Yasu muttered, scratching her head. "Wait, the demon!"

Akaza looks up. "Me?"

Yasu stands there in disbelief. "What the heck is wrong with you demons? Are you like, dumb? Yes, you!" She groans, smacking her head. "No one told me demons were just a bunch of idiots."

"Hey!" Akaza shouts, crossing his arms. "As much as I respect women, you should have some respect for us too!"

I gasp. Akaza turns his head towards me. "Huh?"

He never denied that he was a demon. Which means-

"You're a demon?" I yell, pointing at him. 

He opens his mouth and closes it again. He messed up real bad, didn't he? I turn my gaze towards my father who is currently being stood on by Akaza. "You knew this?"

"Yep!" He smiles. Gosh, he's so straight forward.

"Shut up!" Akaza snarled, stomping on my dad's back.

Akaza is a demon, but since he didn't eat Yasu or me, I think he's not bad..? But he can always turn his back on us and eat us.

Then I hear a 'bwing' and suddenly we're in a completely different room. I look around to see a weird place... like we're not in our world anymore.

Yasu jumps towards me, clearly confused about what's going on. Also probably because she wants to protect humans from weird things. I scan the area and meet the gaze of my father. I quickly drag Yasu towards him. I take a seat beside him, scurrying closer because I have no idea what is going on. I realize Akaza and Kokushibo is here too.

"Master Muzan," Akaza speaks, and I look up to see a man standing there, looking directly towards me and Yasu. I stare into his plum red eyes. 

My mind is spinning. What is happening?