♡ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬-𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘 ♡

Start from the beginning

"I think the Jeep needs a little more than gas, don't you think?" She spoke up, watching as both Stiles and Scott filled the red container from the gas pump. "A scrapyard, maybe?"

Stiles caught her gaze and spoke in a scolding tone. "Hey, don't diss the Jeep. You love the Jeep."

"Love's a strong word." She yelled back out before leaning her head against the wall and sitting tiredly on the floor. "Hurry up with it before I melt."

Scott simply raised his eyebrows at her, grinning at the two, before shaking the liquid around in the container. No matter how much they went through - or how much they fought - Stiles and Dallas would always have each other to fall back on.

Meanwhile, Stiles spared a second glance at his face with suppressed guilt. A lot was on his mind recently. Void. Dallie. Theo. The Dread Doctors.

The Wendigo. 

"It was my fault." Stiles caught his best friend's eye. "Donovan. Dallas killed him -- but it was my fault."

Scott adjusted his stance while connecting his eyebrows through a string of confusion. "I was climbing the scaffolding in the library. He was trying to pull me down."

"He was trying to kill you."

"She just wanted to help, Scott. I'm the reason he's dead. I brought Dallie there. I'm the reason he attacked her. It's my fault, man."

Scott furrowed his eyebrows. "Why did you think you couldn't tell me?"

Stiles shook his head. "I didn't want someone I love blamed for protecting me. I thought I had broken your sacred rule and that was it, there was no going back."

"I know the difference." 

"What?" 

"I know what self-defence is." Scott smiled gently. "You're my brother. I'll always have your back. No matter what."

"And Dallie?"

Scott glanced over his shoulder and sarcastically winced. "I know whatever she does, it's always to protect you. I've never doubted that." He paused. "Truth be told, Stiles, you're secretly making her soft." 

 Dallie's voice echoed throughout the empty gas station around them. "He is not."

Stiles bared a smile before nodding along and helping the Alpha lift the container. A weight had been lifted from his chest - albeit, a bite was still etched in his shoulder. 

"I think it's sweet." Stiles turned to face her, eyes as wide as his smile. "Hey, I don't mind being the intimidating one."

Dallas suppressed her smile and heard Scott's voice from beside her. He was laughing along with her, ganging up on Stiles somewhat too. 

Stiles appreciated the moments they got along. Just not when it came at his expense. 

"Is that the reason for the busted lip?" Scott turned to Stiles' grazed features, curiosity lingering on his own.

The teenager shook her head in dismay once more. "Surprisingly, you should see Theo's face. He came out on the better-looking end." 

 Stiles chuckled gruffly before sparing her a glance. "Surprisingly? You always thank your heroes like that?"

Scott blinked between them. "Wait, what happened with Theo?"

Dallas cocked a brow. The last time she checked, it was Scott's name being thrown around. Not hers. How was he her hero because of it?

Scott stood still without an answer. "Okay, I'll just wait for you guys to finish."

Meanwhile, Dallas felt it dawn on her. Scott was a codename from the get-go. All the fighting. The spews about 'wanting to talk' wasn't about the rivalry between the two packs. It was about the rivalry between them.