"Then i guess this is the last time we will meet since you've returned my scarf" i said and he shook his head while leaning close to my ear.

"How can it be the last time we meet? I have a lot in store for you." he whispered and if not the intense cold his voice really made me shiver.

"Am I supposed to know what you mean?" I nodded to Ahmed for bringing me my shoes. I wanted to run away from the way nostalgia was hitting me but I was teleported back to Hadiya's wedding when his eyes held the same coldness but from Behzat for handing me my shoes.

"You should, but let's just say I have a life full of debts that need to be paid for, so I guess we have a long way to go till I leave" he said and when I looked up to meet his eyes, I felt my throat drying. He was looking at me as if he knew my deepest secret, my deepest regret and my worst nightmare.

He knew me.

"Well, I'm Zahan" he said, putting his hand forward.

I kept staring at his hand for the longest wondering who am i? Who is the woman he is supposed to shake hands with, zoya? Mahtab? Wraith? A producer? A murderer? A selfish person who ruined people's lives?

"Mahtab?" I found my answer and ignored his hand, my hands shouldnt touch him, they've touched gruesome things, cut open human beings and ruined families. These hands were too tainted.

"I hope this to be the last time we meet Mr. Zahan" I didn't wait for a reply, I couldn't stand there any longer without bursting into tears and hugging the man who had been my comfort person for the longest of my life.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He couldn't take his eyes off the woman's back, his shoulders fell and the smoke from his cold breath blocked his view of her getting in her car to leave. His jaw clenched as the man from before turned around to give him a glance before getting in the driver's seat to do his job.

"Mahtab or....." he shook his head with an exhale, he watched the car moving out of his sight and only then was he able to numb his feet making him crouch down to rub his feet. A broken chuckle escaped his lips that soon turned into muffled sobs and the man buried his face in his knees, the boy who had just spewed all the secrets he shouldn't have was staring in disbelief as his boss sobbed, his confident frame was shaking with choked sob that left his heart at the way this whole world had turned against him.

"Wh— why?" he mumbled to himself and raised his head towards the sky, his eyes were closed and his skin was met with a cold touch of snow. This was a walk they could have walked together with their hands intertwined but she walked away like always.

"Sir" he heard someone calling him and he looked up from his teary eyes to find ahmer beside him with a gleam of moisture in his own eyes.

"Let's go home" ahmer told him as he helped the man put on his shoes and then to walk to his car.

"How long has this been going on? '' Zahan asked the same question he had been asking ever since he had told him everything as if he couldn't believe it.

"Ever since you moved here" the boy replied like always. Zahan laughed bitterly while wiping his tears. His laughter grew and the silent car was filled with the sound of his choked chortle.

The shower of snow hit the tinted glass of the car and melted away like her cold act of bravado. Her tears were cold against her skin as she witnessed her hands shaking, the scenery that was passing by the swiftly moving vehicle stopped and before she could even lift her head up she heard ahmed speaking.