Rescue

A/N: This is basically the end of season one for this book. I'll be back with more chapters after a break.

"Does anyone know how long until Arcane rescues us?" Trein asks, holding onto a piece of wood. "Oh shit! Where's Rook?!"

Everyone looks around and realizes Rook is out there in the flooded city.

"Dino!" I yell, summoning the algae horde. "Find Rook!"

Dino shifts herself to where Rook is, seeing he's floating above the cemetery.

"I'll get him!" Yuu exclaims, about to go underwater.

"Wait, I'll go with you. We don't know what is out there." Malleus says, swimming to Yuu.

"We'll go with you as well." Sebek boldly states, swimming to Malleus and dragging Silver to him. "We must protect our Waka-sama from danger!"

"Ok, hang on tight!" Yuu shouts diving underwater and letting Malleus tie a rope to her waist.

Yuu torpedoes through the water, slinging Malleus and his bodyguards through the air. Yuu stops at the cemetery, sending Malleus, Silver, and Sebek slamming into the water. She uses her powers to carefully pick Rook out of the horde of dead flower zombies and places him in her arms.

"Rook, are you ok?" Yuu whispers, swimming away from the cemetery. "Rook, please answer me. Everyone else is waiting for you."

Rook's eyes flutter open, and he jumps on Yuu. He moans and groans like a zombie leaving Yuu forced underwater.

"Yuu!" Malleus screams, pulling Rook off of her.

"Malleus?" Rook says, turning to him. "Are the zombies gone?"

"Uh, yes! Why are you trying to bite Yuu?!" Malleus questions, holding Rook by the back of his hair.

"I was blending in with the horde. The zombies didn't bother me as long as I looked and acted like them." Rook explains, helping Yuu out of the water. "I see you've found out Ma belle sirène's secret."

"Yes, she and her merfriends saved us, but also flooded the city," Malleus explains, tugging the rope around Yuu, signaling for her to return to their group.

Yuu speeds off through the water, sending Malleus, Silver, Sebek, and Rook into the air. Yuu's tail scrapes against a building taking off a scale as she dodges debris and bodies in the water. Airplanes and helicopters appear to fly to the City of Flowers, landing on building rooftops. S.T.Y.X. officers jump down from ropes into boats, loading medical supplies. Yuu brings Rook to Trein, and a large black helicopter lowers from the sky.

"Master Idia, we've come to rescue you and your friends!" An officer screams, tossing a rope into the water.

"You've got to go, Yuu. I'm the only one allowed to experiment on you," Idia says, hugging Yuu. "I'll meet you back at NRC."

Yuu nods her head and dives underwater with Cleora, Riri, and Emmeline. They torpedo swim out of the city, going deeper into the sea.
~~~~~~
"Mrs. Shroud, we found something!" An officer yells, picking up an orange scale with tweezers.

"It's probably a fish scale. There are hundreds of them swimming through the city." Mrs. Shroud waves off, returning to patching up Idia's wounds.

"Have you ever seen a fish scale turn into human skin?" The officer says, showing the scale turn into skin.

"What color was that scale?" Mrs. Shroud asks, looking at the hundreds of scales they collected around the city. "Merlin, test everything single one of those scales to see if they change."

"Yes, ma'am."
~~~~~~
With all the people loaded up on boats, helicopters, and airplanes, everyone began to leave. Rollo was taken into an ICU for his injuries and is currently in a medically induced coma after several surgeries to repair his body back to its former state.