Queens of the sea

A/N: Queen of the Waves stops at 0:50 and switches to another song for the second half of their performance.

Over the past two weeks, everyone at NRC worked hard to show their talents. Some of the RSA students had even formed groups with the NRC students, which ignited a fierce hope of unity for NRC and RSA in Crowley. Eventually, the day of the talent show came, and the fate of restoring RSA was in the balance of the two schools and a couple of mermaids.

"Welcome to the Joint Talent Show fundraiser! I'm your host, Sam, and these are your judges Crowley, Crewel, Ambrose, and Vargas! Now let's show the world what our kids can do!" Sam exclaims into the microphone. "First up, our NRC group from the VDCs performing Rotten to the Core!"

Grim and the VDC group run on stage and begin to perform their dance. Their costumes and hair were a mix of tie-dye and punk aesthetics. Everyone's hair has strands of blue, purple, and red. The vibrant lights danced with them til the very end.

"We're rotten to the core!" The group sings, stomping the ground, sending a vibration through the audience.

After a pause, the audience breaks out into applause.

"That was amazing! Our next act is on the hot side, ladies and gentlemen. Please welcome, Malleus Draconia and the dragons in The Malevolent Winds of Hell!" Sam says, raising his hand and walking off stage as smoke appears.

Battle music plays, and Silver, Sebek, and Lilia bang staffs on the ground. Malleus walks out of the smoke and lets out a dragon-like roar. He bends his back and slowly moves his arms like a spider trying to climb the ceiling. As his arms move faster, so does the staffs banging. Green fire begins to spread from Malleus's elbows to his hands, and it shoots like a volcano. The fireballs take a life of their own as Malleus leans forward again, moving his right hand from left to right. It circles his friends, and then they begin to fight off its attacks. Malleus lifts his left arm, and a cyclone of green fire rapidly swirls around Silver, Sebek, and Lilia. Wicked laughter erupts from Malleus, and the sound of weapons dropping and screams ring throughout the Colosseum. The fire disappears, and the only thing left is Malleus, smiling with fire circling his feet. A giggle exits his mouth, and he vanishes.

"Well, that was certainly terrifying. Why don't we move on to the joint NRC and RSA dance group perform Toxic," Sam announces, looking at the ash imprints of three bodies. "Can someone also clean up the ash, please?"

The dance group performs their dance, gets the audience to applaud, and walks off stage. Finally, the mergirls are up.

"This routine is going to be a bit different than the others. Since they chose to use the beach and ocean as their stage, we'll have to televise their performance to the audience in the Colosseum. Everyone welcome the otherworldly girl Yuu and her beach friends in Queens of the Seas!" Sam exclaims, throwing his hands in the air to reveal huge mirrors floating in the air.

Queen of the Waves begins to play, and the screens shift to Riri, Emmeline, Cleora, and Yuu on surfboards with orange swim bottoms and clamshells for tops. They surf the waves while doing the Mahi Mahi and doing an occasional trick. Cleora and Yuu spin their fingers in the air, and clones of everyone appear on the sand dancing. The clones do the macarena and whining their hips. Yuu creates crowns on their heads and freezes them.

"Your majesty is dropping in!" Riri screams, touching her crown and throwing it in the air with the rest of the girls.

"Surfs up, bow down! We're the queens of the waves!" The girls cheer as they jump off their surfboards, do a front flip, and dive into the water.

The audience goes silent as the girls don't come back to the surface, leaving their surfboards to wash up on the shore. Whispers of drowning run through the arena, making Yuu's friends worry.

"Come on, everyone!" Yuu exclaims as she waves to the camera from the water.

The crowd gasps as they see Yuu's change in clothing. The music switches to a remix of Under The Sea, and the camera goes underwater, following Yuu. Bubbles cover the camera, and orange tails swim next to the camera.

"They aren't..." Azul sighs, his mouth agape. "They wouldn't..."

"Hi, everyone! Nice to meet you!" Emmeline exclaims, swimming up to the camera and blowing a kiss. "I hope you like the second half of our performance!"

Emmeline twirls in the water and swims under with the camera following her. She swims behind a rock, and the camera goes in front of it, filming Emme's blonde hair going up like static. She pops her head up and winks at the camera, speed swimming away, leaving the camera with no idea where to look.

"Over here!" Cleora yells, making the camera turn around and see Cleora with dolphins.

The dolphins swim around Cleora and go down into the sea. Cleora and the dolphins rapidly swim towards the sea and jump out of the water. They do a flip in the air and dive back into the water. Cleora spins around with the dolphins, following her lead. She moves her tail from right to left, and the dolphins repeat her movements.

"Good boys! If you can do this trick, I'll feed you all the tuna you want," Cleora promises, petting the dolphins' heads. "Here we go!"

Cleora and the dolphins dive into the deep while she uses her powers to help the dolphins keep up with her turbo-swimming. They torpedo to the surface and keep only their tail fins in the water.

"Walk it! Walk it! Waaalk IT!" Cleora encourages, helping the dolphins continue their tail-walking. "And spin, turn, and dive!"

Cleora and the dolphins return to the water, signaling Yuu and Riri to begin their part. The camera zooms to Riri and Yuu swimming around each other. Riri hugs her scaley tail, and Yuu creates a ball of water around her as she goes up to the surface. Yuu bursts through the water and sends Riri hundreds of feet into the air. A second camera focuses on Yuu creating an ice slide, while a third camera flies into the sky to follow Riri.

"If you want to see real magic, watch this!" Riri yells as she goes behind a cloud.

Her tail dries off, and her legs appear again. She tucks in her knees, gaining speed as her ball form returns back to Earth. Riri sees the top of the slide, breaks her form, and points her toes to brace the landing.

"Come on, Riri! You can do it!" Emmeline, Cleora, and Yuu cheer while helping maintain the slide.

Riri lands on the slide feet first and slides the down the sculpture while standing up. The ice breaks behind her as she slides down more, and eventually, she reaches the bottom and dives into the water.

"Thank you!" The mergirls exclaim, bowing and going under the water.

A long silence fills the arena, making Sam try to break it.

"Why don't we give these girls a round of-" Sam says before being cut off by Deuce.

"That was so awesome!" Deuce screams, standing up and furiously clapping.

The colosseum breaks out into applause and cheers, leaving a particular judge stunned.

"Wait, the paranormal activity...Yuu..." Crewel mumbles, starting to put things together.

"Damn, their mermaid tops were hot!"

"I always knew they were pretty deep down!"

"I thought Yuu was magicless?"

Yuu and her merfriends swim onto RSA's ruins and dry themselves off. They run back to NRC, ending up back on stage, where Sam asks them a quick question.

"So, my friends on the other side want to know how a magicless human achieved something so magical?" Sam asks, giving the microphone to Yuu.

"It's easy. Just. Add. Water." Yuu answers, snapping her fingers, making steam cover the colosseum.

The girls run to Yuu's friends and sit next to them as the next act comes on stage.