CHAPTER 3 OFF-LIMITS!!

Start from the beginning

She was shaken out of her thoughts when her phone started to ring again. It was Vansh.

“Akshara, how come you didn’t call me as soon as you arrived?”

She rolled her eyes at the overly-protective nature of her cousin. “I literally just got here, and I was on the phone with my mom.”

“Okay. We are going to meet the tour group for dinner. Let me know when you are ready to go, and I will come get you.”

“Sure.” She felt nervous about being on tour with the band. It was nothing like her usual work where everything was done in a studio. She didn’t know how to be in front of a live audience.

Thirty minutes later, after unpacking and showering, she was ready to meet the group. She had seen them all on television and their online channel but never in person, except for the leader of The Rule Breakers, Abhimanyu.

She picked up her phone and clutch and looked at herself in the mirror. She was told the entire group was meeting the stylist for the tour the following day, so she only packed casual clothes for the entire tour. She took a deep breath, calming her nerves and texted Vansh that she was ready to go.

She adjusted the hem of the t-shirt over her rounded bottom and adjusted the partial French tuck. She was surprised when she heard the knock on the door within minutes of her texting Vansh.

She opened the door and smiled at her friend. “That was fast.”

“I am only two doors down, so I didn’t have a long commute.”

Vansh laughed as she put her arm around him for a quick hug.

“That’s cool. I will be sure to tell my mom that, so she can rest assured.” She pulled the door closed behind her.

“How was the wedding reception?” Vansh asked about her cousin’s wedding from her mother’s side that she had stayed back to attend the previous night. Vansh and Akshara were related on her father’s side, and they spent a lot of time together during family gatherings.

She smiled, lifting her hands to show him the maroon-colored henna patterns.

“It was fun. Is my henna going to be a problem for the tour?”

“Seriously? This is a rock band. It adds character.” Vansh laughed.

She smiled. “I can’t wait to ask Somu, the drummer, the story behind his awesome tattoo.”

“Somu, huh? His name is Somesh. Am I sensing a special interest in the drummer?” Vansh winked.

She rolled her eyes. “Seriously? Can’t a girl simply admire a man with no special interest.”

He laughed at her annoyance. “Kidding. I am hoping you find the tour fun.”

“I don’t care if I don’t have fun. I am doing this for your mom and my music school. No other reason.”