Hu Tao x Xiao | Lantern Rite (short Fluff)

Hu Tao slowly walked up the stairs leading to the balcony of Wangshu Inn, her hands holding a plate full of almond tofu. She looked around for the Yaksha, eyes wandering around the trees.

"Xiaoo~~ Oh dear adeptus, where are youuu~"
She sang, fluttering her eyes closed softly knowing that he will be there soon.

A trail of dark green sparkles appeared, along with the adeptus now in front of her.

"Hehehe, I knew you would come. Of course, as usual, here's your almond tofu."
She hands over the plate to him, and watched him eat all of it up quickly.

After finishing it, he turned around and asked,
"I thought I made it clear for you to not return again. Why are you here?"

"Ai-ya, no need to be so cold! It's the lantern rite festival, surely you're going to celebrate it too!" She smiled joyfully, standing beside the adeptus.

"..Hmph. We yaksha do not celebrate such.. festivities, made for mortals. Go find your friends instead."
Just as he was about to walk away, Hu Tao grabbed his hand.

"Wait!! Ah, you're so- Forget it, let me just ask you something. Will you please, please be my lantern rite date?"
She pleaded, widening her eyes and begging internally for a positive answer.

"What kind of question is that!? Ugh- fine, only if you will leave me alone. Tomorrow at 9 P.M. sharp, same place. Don't be late."
He teleported elsewhere, leaving Hu Tao confused yet happy.

"Welp, at least it was a yes, hehehe~" She whispered to herself and slowly walks back to her room.

----------

Hu Tao arrived early, almost a bit too early. She sat down on the roof and looked at her watch, 7 P.M.

Time seemed to go by quickly as she looked at the sea, admiring its beauty under the moonlight.

She saw the same trail of dark green sparkles, and there appeared Xiao from thin air.

"Hm, you're here early. I thought I said 9 P.M, no?" He huffed, pretending to be annoyed.

"Ehr,, I just wanted to come a little earlier to make sure I'm not late, but I got here a bit too early heh.. So, do you want to go downstairs and grab some food from the stalls?" Hu Tao suggested, wanting to tell Xiao more about other delicious foods other than just almond tofu.

"..I'm not quite familiar with human interaction." Xiao looked away, feeling slightly guilty.

"That's okay, you can just tell me what you want to eat and I'll buy it for you." She pleaded,

"Okay, then. Let us head down." He finally agreed, since the offer did sound quite tempting.

----------

They strolled through the streets and ate some more of the street foods. Hu Tao introduced Xiao to some of her other friends, Yanfei, Xiangling, and Xinyan.

Once the fireworks started, they watched it together while eating the food.

END

word count: 463