She quickly moved away from the entrance of the well. She had no time for distractions; she needed to find her sister.

And what's more, what would she say to her Mother and her Grandfather?

Kanae sighed as she turned to leave the sanctuary; she needed to collect her thoughts and think with a clear head. For now, she had to take care of Sota until her Mother and her Grandfather arrived.

The only thing she wondered about was where was her little sister.

...

After telling her mother and grandfather what had happened, they searched the surroundings until nightfall in search of her sister; on the second day, they called the police, but after telling them that her sister had disappeared, they simply dismissed the story, saying that it was most likely that she had escaped.

Kanae was upset with the authorities; they were supposed to be the ones protecting the citizens, but they weren't doing anything.

This morning they had decided to collect the pieces of wood scattered around the sanctuary, to give them at least an idea of where her sister could be, even though Kanae had analyzed the place, she might have missed something important.

Today was the third day that Kagome had been missing; she was carrying the last pieces of wood while she listened to her brother and her grandfather talking about how Sota had seen something take Kagome. Until she heard something else.

"Kagome!" It was her brother's voice.

"Help me quickly, Sota; we have to get her out of it!" her grandfather spoke this time.

Had... Had they found Kagome?

...

"Why are you wearing such strange clothes, sister?" Her brother spoke, watching with her grandfather as Kagome stumbled as she slowly left the sanctuary.

"Kagome..." Kanae said looking for her sister after three days of missing.

The first thing she noticed was that her sister was wearing an ancient priestess outfit; the second thing that caught her eye was the small cut on Kagome's left cheek. 'Is that a sword cut or...? No, wait, it looks like a slimmer cut, it's like it was with-' Before she could get a proper response out of her thoughts, her sister snapped it out of her thoughts.

"Kanae..." Kagome whispered with tears, still not spilling from her eyes. "Kanae!" Kagome half yelled as she lunged for her in a tight hug.

Kanae could only hug her sister as tightly as she could; 'at least she was not hurt from somewhere else'.

"Everything is fine, Kagome," she was beginning to feel her shoulder and her chest* wet due to her younger sister's tears. "Everything is fine now..." Little by little she could see that Kagome's breathing was calming again; she was beginning to calm down.