Three; Fake Truths

Three; Fake Truths

Dan

Of course I couldn't avoid the subject forever but I felt so sick to my stomach that I just wanted to forget about it all; for Phil to forget. I wondered if I could put telling Phil until his birthday and see who got. I hoped that it was me but I had a gut feeling that it would be someone else.

His birthday is in two weeks and I don't think that Phil could wait that long. Which is why I was dreading going to my first lesson: Maths.

I knew Phil would already be there, waiting impatiently for me to arrive, waiting for me to tell him who my soulmate is. I promised that I would tell him later and now I have to tell him, Phil was the type to latch onto people's promises and never let them forget.

Walking down the small corridor was hell. Anxious didn't even begin to cover how scared I felt; I was apprehensive about it all. My mind went into overdrive, torturing me with poisonous thoughts of what could happen. There was some good thoughts but the Arsenic thoughts polluted them, corroding them.

"Ah, Mr. Howell, nice to see you here on time." My maths teacher, Mr. Clayton, sarcastically remarked. He always thought he was funny, he tried to make jokes in class but no one ever laughed yet he still continued. I guess he continued with the awful jokes to annoy us more than to entertain us.

Once I sat down in my seat, next to Phil the questions began. "So who is it?"

"Well hello to you too, Phillip." I stalled. And I would continue to stall as much as I can.

He rolled his eyes. "Hello, Daniel, how are you doing today?"

"Tell me, now!"

Phil was almost bouncing in his seat, he reminded me of a Golden Retriever. Even his face looked excited about who it was.

I sighed, I opened my mouth to speak but I was cut off by our teacher. I was grateful but Phil's stare at the side of my face didn't cease. "Okay fine! I'll tell you..."

Phil was at the edge of his seat now, leaning towards me.

"Go on!"

"It's, it's-" I was panicking now. "It's.... Louise."

Phil looked taken aback. He was sat straight in his seat, a smile on his face.

"Dan and Louise. Louise and Dan."

He then nodded to himself. "I like it."

I didn't. I much preferred Dan and Phil; Phil and Dan. It sounded better. I had no clue as to why I said Louise, her name popped into my head and she seemed most plausible; me and her got along like a house on fire. Now I would just have to hope that Louise will go along with this... Plan? Whatever the hell it was, I had to make sure that the truth was kept from Phil. At least until my head was straight and I had a coherent thought. I would just have to hope that Phil got me as his soulmate and I could finally come clean.

"So, tell me, Dan: what is the answer to the question I just asked?"

I nervously chewed on my lip, he always picked on me. He hated me and I didn't mind as I hated him too but he always found a way to make my life a misery.

"I-I don't know sir."

I regretted not paying attention now, this was all Phil's fault (and mine for being a wimp and not owning up to him).

Mr. Clayton let out a dry chuckle. "Of course you don't."

"Detention, both of you!"

And just like that we shut up and I thought of how I'm going to get Louise in on my plan.

-

Ew this was horrible I apologise.