Five; Technicalities

Five; technicalities

Dan:

Today was the day.

It was Phil's birthday and the truth was going to come out, I just hoped that Phil wouldn't hate me too much fro lying to him. I know how much he hated liars; I do too but I have no other choice. The truth was something that scared me, so I hid it, trying to bury it deep inside my mind whilst I dig myself a grave at the same time.

Phil had bought up all of mine and Louise's lies which made everything worse. Not only had I allowed gullible Phil to soak up my every word but I had dragged an innocent bystander into it all and I worried when it all kicks off - if it kicks off but we all know that in fact, something will go down - I am going to ruin people's trust.

There was nothing that I could do but hope that everything turned out alright as right now, I was currently stood outside Phil's door. Too scared to knock on the door, I stood on the doorstep frozen; sweat dripping down the back of my neck whilst holding Phil's present in my hand. I felt sick, it was so daunting. The thought of what could happen, would he hate me? Would we kiss and ride off into the sunset?

I doubt it.

Once I gathered enough courage I knocked onto the wooden door. The door was red, it had started to peel in some places. Especially near the door handle. It was hardly noticeable to the naked eye but when you stare at if for as long as I did when mentally debating the outcome of today, then you would see every little flaw.

"Hello Dan! Come in, come in!" Phil's mum greeted, stepping aside to let me in. "You should know by now that you needn't knock, you are practically my second son."

She laughed and I forced out a small smile. I blushed and apologised to which she shook her head; laughing, again.

"They are in the living room, go right ahead." She smiled warmly and then left to towards the kitchen. I had been to Phil's house more than enough times so I knew where I was going but I felt so nervous; my chest hurt and I felt like the walls were closing in on me.

Louise would have come with me but she said her mother wanted her to do some chores. So sadly, I had to face this on my own. I paused outside the living room door, I could hear the sound of laughter. More importantly, my best friend's laugh. His seemed to be the clearest out off all of them, maybe because he was my soulmate I could hear him loud and clear or maybe it was because pretty soon he wouldn't be laughing.

I felt sick.

Closing my eyes and taking in a deep breath before exhaling slowly (just like my therapist had once told me) I pushed the oak door open. The laughter ceased as the person inside the room turned to look at the newcomer. I was never really good at people looking at me, I hated attention on me so I mumbled a small hello and walked over to Phil, whom was beckoning me over.

Passing him his present, which was Fall Out Boy's new album that he had desperately craved for, I smiled at him and sat down next to him. "Happy birthday!"

When he opened the present that was badly wrapped, hell, you could even tell that it was a CD by the shape of it but his face lit up when he saw his gift. He was like a child at Christmas, he was ecstatic.

And I couldn't help admire how cute he looked. I almost forgot about how sick I felt before and about my terrible lies. However, I caught sight of his wrist.

I caught sight of his soulmate.

And it wasn't me.

-

I love fob man I couldn't help myself.

What do you guys think? did you expect this or nah?

For those who are confused basically something has gone wrong in the system so the soulmates didn't pair up right. But not to worry Phan will overthrow it all in the end! It will all be explained in the next chapter anyways :).

So I have finally finished high school so I have 11 weeks until college so there will be a lot of updates coming your way!

I would like to say thank you to those whom are reading and enjoying this book especially those who comment, you make me happy man!

I need to stop saying man, it's becoming a bad habit.

I love you all!!