Prologue

Prologue

Dan:

I was only six years old when my mother sat me down on our wooden kitchen table and told me all about soulmates. She said that in ten years time an engraving will appear on my wrist and that will determine who I will spend the rest of my life with; who I will love and cherish. At first I didn't understand why this was but as I grew older I found out the harsh truth of why this happened.

At the age of sixteen you're supposed to know who you are, who you love, what you want to work as. It's the age where you are transitioning into an adult and you have your wits about you, you have matured and you are able to make your own choices.

A few years back, in 2023 the government had decided that too many people were committing adultery and there was too many babies being born and just too much incest going around - people were unknowingly sleeping with their half-sibblings. Because of this the government implanted some form of liquid into the newborn children of that year and years to come so when they turned sixteen a tattoo would take place on the side of everyone's wrist.

It was working so far, the population had decreased quite a bit.

The year was 2040 and my sixteenth birthday was fast approaching. It was two months till my birthday; June 11 to be exact. My friend, who I had an undying crush had yet to receive his soulmate. I just hoped that his name appeared on my wrist and my name on his.

If not I would be crushed.

He honestly felt like my soulmate and I just hoped that my gut feeling was right.

X

I know that Phil's birthday is before Dan's but after all this is fiction and we will have to pretend, okay?

So I've had this idea for a while and I have been extremely eager to start writing it! This won't start immediately as it is still a work in progress and I have other books that I am currently writing but this will be continued as soon as possible!

- Talia x