𝟎𝟎𝟏˚ ·

・。

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

chapter one !

𝟏 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓,

THE CHANGING ROOM seemed to be the most awkward place to start the story, but here jude was, tying the shoelaces of his shoes while he awaited the start of his last game before he left for the world cup in qatar

he was elevated but nervous, as it was manchester city that borussia dortmund would be playing against, and he felt the team needed redemption from their last match which was a few weeks ago, in which they lost by 1 goal.

as he tied the last lace of his shoes, he abruptly stood up and had a quick stretch before sitting down once again, not being able to control the thrill and enjoyment he was feeling as of now. he loved football with all his heart, and the thought of scoring a goal for the team made him even more adrenalised.

he eyed his teammates who also showed signs of anxiousness, even gio reyna, who at most times was energetic and eager, seemed to be tapping his foot against the floor in worry.

jude put his hand on gio's shoulder, sending him a quick smile in reassurance, to which gio sent a small smile back.

a while later, after everyone was changed and ready, the signal came for the players to make their way to the tunnel. taking a deep breath, jude stood up, placing his phone in the locker and following along his teammates towards the long corridor. after everyone was lined up accordingly, a wave of sky blues came walking down, and stood in their designated area.

jude looked around the tunnel, meeting the eyes of former teammate erling haaland, to which he gave a huge smile towards.

after all the commentary and other arrangements, both of the teams walked out of the tunnel as the referee grabbed the ball. the opposing teams shook hands, and got into position. the whistle of the referee blew and the game had officially started. this was jude's time to help the team win the match, and take a lead against manchester city and the overall group stage in the champions league before he had to leave for qatar.

at first, it was going great - dortmund had the most possession of the ball and were able to make occasional shots at the target, and it was sooner or later until someone made the right shot and scored a goal against city.

jude made occasional passes when the ball would reach him, attempting to get closer to the goal each time the team passed the ball around to each other. he circled around the pitch, running to any players in aid for a quick pass. the black and yellows would eventually make it to the scoring side, but then a wrong shot was made and they were back to square one. none of the teams had scored a goal yet, and it was nearing to half time with just 15 minutes left.

to make matters worse for dortmund, manchester city had just gained a penalty, meaning they now had more of a chance to score, which jude knew could cause difficulty for his team in the second half.

as the city player adjusted himself, waiting for the whistle to blow, jude crossed his arms nervously, hoping he would miss - he really wanted to win this match.

the shrill sound of the whistle blew, and to his delight, the player kicked towards the goal but missed, as it hit the pole instead, leading the black and yellows to share relief among themselves, as well as their fans.

with just 7 minutes left till half time, dortmund still had the most possession of the ball. gio reyna dribbled with the ball before getting blocked by a bunch of city players, in which he saw jude signalling him to kick the ball towards him. gio nodded, tricking the players into thinking he was moving straight through, but passing completely to the left.

finally, jude now had full control of the ball as he sprinted towards the goal, just centimetres away from kicking the ball and scoring a goal. he edged further towards the area and kicked towards the net.

but that's when it all went wrong.

it happened all too fast for the 19 year old. suddenly, he felt sharp studs infiltrating both his legs; a tackle.

he felt the unbelievable pain before he even met the wet grass of the pitch. the cold studs plunging painfully into his legs, the stinging sensation and the agonizing pain causing him to let out a yelp as he fell.

jude shut his eyes on instinct and because of the excuriating pain he felt at that moment. his vision beginning to falter as he attempted to open his eyes, the stings travelled through his legs.

the screams and cries of the crowd were getting fainter and fainter.

he could feel multiple arms on him, some yellow and some blue, attempting to keep him in his senses or try to help him up, but to no prevail. a few also started helping the medical staff by explaining what had just happened.

and that's when the footballer realised that he was indeed injured, as he groaned in discomfort and annoyance putting his hands on his face.