𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

chapter six
snow globes

chapter sixsnow globes

Oh my God.

I'm gonna buy all the snow globes here.

"How much is one of these snow globes, Mr Carls?" I asked the cashier, who is also the shop keeper, the price without taking my eyes off of the very precious looking snow globes.

"On sale. Four dollars per globe," he tells me and I could practically hear the smile in his voice.

"Oh I'm buying all of these."

We both share a laugh before we hear the door to the shop opening.

"Hello, Mr."

That voice.

I know it.

"Hello, young man. Go on and check out what we have."

"I will. Of course."

The footsteps of the oddly familiar voice gets closer and closer with each second and before you knew it, we were in the same aisle.

"Bakery girl?"

My head swiftly turns around to the voice and my brown eyes meets a pair of blue ones.

It's soccer dude. What a coincidence.

"Don't you think we've been meeting a lot lately?" I asked out of the blue.

"First of all, ouch," he lets out a fake scoff while placing his right hand on his chest, "second of all, it's probably just God telling us we're made for each other. Don't you think?" he asks while winking at me.

"Oh, I hope not," I say jokingly.

Wait, jokingly? Since when did I look forward to meeting him?

"And I hope we do."

Although I'm not looking at him, I could feel his eyes on me before he picks up a snow globe and shakes it in his hands.

"Do you like snow globes, boy?" I asked him since he looked really interested in them.

"Like? I love them. And since I love them so much I've made it a tradition to buy a new one every year." He holds a snow globe in his hand and shoots it upwards while smiling like a little kid.

"Okay, I can see that," I told him while smiling and he just laughs.

Damn, that's a laugh I could hear on loop.

"Oh, kiddos," I hear Mr Carls say. We both turn our heads in his direction and see him smiling a goofy smile.

"Look at what you're standing under."

Quickly, my head looks up and I'm met with something that made me become nervous.

It was a mistletoe.

"What are you waiting for? Do what you're supposed to."

"I don't think─"

"You see," I'm suddenly cut off with a voice that I suddenly like.

"I don't find where's the problem in kissing a very gorgeous girl."

His hands finds it's way to the sides of my face before his light pink lips met mine. He then moves his right hand, that was once on my face, to the back of my neck.

The move he had just done made my hands to get lost in his brunette hair.

Mr Carls then started clapping.

"It's the first I managed to get!"

Then, he pulls away and smiles at me.

»»────── ✩ ──────««

merry christmas!!