Chapter 2

As everyone finally glittered away, Sophie yawned. She was extremely tired after the eventful night before, and she had barely gotten any sleep when they had gotten back at 3 a.m.. She dragged her tired body to the panakes, hoping that Calla's soothing melodies could help her relax and get some restful sleep.
    "Foster? Is that you?" She heard Keefe call out as she stumbled over. "How did you know I was here?" She asked.
    "You usually come here when you're troubled. Or trying to catch up on some sleep," he pointed out as she sat down beside him. At this rate, her dark circles must have looked like bruises under her eyes. "I look that bad, huh?" She joked.
    "You could never look bad," he promised. Sophie smiled, leaning her head on his shoulder as Wynn and Luna bounded over for some alicorn snuggles.
"So...have you told Fitzy about...us?" Keefe asked as the conversation strayed into scarier territory. Sophie reached for his hand, twining their fingers together as she whispered, "Yeah". She probably should have given him a better explanation, so she transmitted, "Don't worry, he wasn't exactly mad. Just disappointed and shocked, maybe?".
"I'm sure he'll come around. Maybe he'll even join team foster-keefe," Keefe joked. "Somehow I doubt that," Sophie whispered.
"I'll make sure you didn't make the wrong decision," Keefe said softly, and the determination in his ice blue eyes made Sophie's heart flutter.
"Don't think I haven't forgotten, Miss F, that you haven't promised," he changed the subject. "Promised what?" Sophie asked, though she was pretty sure she knew the answer. When he didn't reply, she sighed, "It's just, like I said, you might need it.". "Yeah well, you can't just do it for me. I appreciate it more than you'll ever know, but you should destroy the power at any chance you get. It's too dangerous for anyone to hold on to it. What if something happens to you?" He asked.
"What if something happens to you? I care too, Keefe. Besides, your mom said that whatever she did to you changed you. What if you need the final stage of Stellarlune to control your powers instead of just suprressing them like this? It isn't a permanent solution." Sophie replied stubbornly.
Keefe stared at her with so much intensity in his gaze that finally, she sighed. "Fine. I promise." She was still saving a little of the power for a just in case if they got their hands on it, though. "Thank you, Foster," he said, wrapping her in a hug. As she listened to his heart beat with her head against his chest and the feeling of his arms wrapped around her waist, in that moment, she felt that everything would turn out alright.
Just then, someone cleared their throat – loudly. Sophie and Keefe pulled away immediately, looking at everywhere but each other. "Please don't be Grady," Sophie thought.
"Just when I thought things were getting boring in Sparkleville and decided to leave, Hunkyhair decided to return — to see a certain Blondie, perhaps?" Ro joked. "I knew it! Team Foster-Keefe rules, just like I have been saying from the beginning! Have you two smooched yet?" She smiled gleefully as the two of them turned bright red from embarrassment.
"What took you so long, Ro?," Sophie asked. At the question, Ro's face fell. "You see, I received your message but I was still attending my father's mourning ceremony, so I couldn't return," she said sadly. "What? Dimitar's dead?" Sophie and Keefe burst out in disbelief.
"Yes. I tried to stop Cadfael, but I failed. Apparently there were a group of ogres that were still loyal to him and told him of my father's battle strategies. His group managed to get to Dimitar while his guards were vulnerable. He managed to win the one-on-one battle as my father was too complacent and Cadfael killed him, becoming the new leader. By the time I got there, it was too late. I came here to tell you all the news, though I'm sure it will be public soon,". Every word was laced with venom, and the ogre princess certainly wanted her revenge.
"Don't sound so depressed, but I'll continue to be your bodyguard, Hunkyhair. And team Foster-Keefe's new chaperone! Can't have you two doing *stuff* alone of course!" Ro said, changing the subject. Sophie and Keefe sighed. Discreet, she was not.
"Wait, where's Gigantor?" Ro asked. Sophie mumbled, "The Neverseen took him hostage".
    On that note, Sophie decided it was time to go back inside the house. "Have fun, you two!," she exclaimed.
    Sophie trudged back to her room, deciding to start planning on questions to ask Empress Permille. She also had a sinking suspicion that the empress would ask her for help since she had agreed to an alliance with her to save the alicorn babies. She'd probably have to hail her teammates later to discuss.
    When she opened her room door, she was surprised to see Grady and Edaline already in the room waiting for her. Grady had a stern look on his face, while Edaline smiled her goofy grin. Sophie couldn't decide which was worse, and mentally prepared herself for a talk on 'That Boy'.
    "So...you and Keefe? " Grady started, and Sophie was surprised that he called Keefe by his actual name. Maybe he had changed his mind about him.
    "How did you know?" she asked, shocked. She hadn't planned to let her adoptive parents know until it was official.
    "We saw the two of you at Calla's panakes," Edaline explained. "Good to know that you two talked it out and resolved any misunderstandings!"
    "What about Fitz?" Grady asked, making the situation worse and Edaline elbowed him. Just when things couldn't get any worse. Sophie groaned. This was so embarrassing.
    "What your father is trying to say, is that we will definitely support the two of you! I know Keefe has always been special to you, even among your friends." Edaline exclaimed.
    "Just let us know if he gives you any problems," Grady added before Edaline dragged him out of the room. Sophie flopped onto bed. At least they weren't exactly disapproving of it. But now that Grady and Edaline were in on it, she would probably have to let the cat out of the bag at Foxfire tomorrow. And she wasn't exactly sure how all her friends would react.