I didn't protest and took it off its hook to try it on. It's warm and would keep me warm during winter. Not that I need it because I'm a werewolf, but still. I walked towards the nearest full-body mirror. It's gorgeous. Elegant and simple at the same time. The colors are just so deep, I love it, and it's exactly my size. It fits perfectly. So sad I can't afford it. I sighed in disappointment.

- Wow, you look stunning. – Nadia complimented.

- Thanks. – I smiled.

– You should buy it. I bet Caleb will drool when he sees you. –

- Thanks, but I won't. – I said more to myself than Nadia.

- Why not? – she asked surprised.

- It was very expensive and I don't need it. It's okay... – I assured her, giving up on the idea of having it which, believe me, was harder than I thought.

- Come on, you deserve it. – she tried convincing me. Don't do this to me, I do want it.

- No, it's fine. Besides, I should save that money for Caleb's gift. – I said casually, walking towards the counter. She followed me.

- Gift? Why? – she kept asking. She wants to know everything, it's starting to stress me.

- Because his birthday is coming. – I said quickly, not realizing what I just said.

- Really? When? – she said excitedly.

I shut my eyes hard. Oh, goddess, what did I do? I just screwed up by telling her his birthday is around. Caleb doesn't like celebrating his birthday and never has. I didn't know when his birthday was until we were 15. And he didn't even tell me, it was his father. Not once has he accepted a birthday party, just some gifts... nothing too expensive though.

- I don't know... - I stupidly tried to excuse myself.

- You just said it was coming. –

- I don't know what you're talking about. Come on, let's buy that blouse. – I tried changing the subject.

- No, don't play dumb. When is his birthday? – she asked stubbornly.

- I shouldn't. – I said.

- Why not? –

- Because he doesn't particularly like people knowing when his birthday is. – I explained barely.

- Why? – she kept pushing. I looked away. – Oh, come on. You already started; might as well finish. – she insisted.

- It's personal and not my place to tell. – I countered convincingly.

- Fine, but do you think he'd like a birthday party? – she wondered.

- No, definitively not. He doesn't despise his birthday, but he certainly doesn't like celebrating it either. – I quickly dismissed that party she was planning.

- Okay, what can we do then? – she asked.

- You don't have to do anything. – I told her.

Why is she so stubborn about this? Not a month before she didn't even know we existed and now, she wants to throw a party for us. Humans can be so welcoming and warm in such weird ways.

- Nope, no way. – she disagreed.

- No, really. You shouldn't even know his birthday coming in the first place. There is no need. – I said firmly but nicely.

- Can you at least tell me when exactly? – she inquired. I sighed and shook my head. I shouldn't – Well I'm not giving up. – she said making me smile at how honest she is.