Morning After

Marinette woke up early the next morning wrapped in Adrien Agreste's arms. She smiled as she turned and snuggled into him. "So warm." She said softly. "Your adorable, Marinette." Adrien said as he held her closer to himself. "Ohana." She said as she looked up at him. "What does Ohana mean, Marinette?" Adrien asked her confused. "Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten." Marinette said as she sat up looking down at Adrien. "I wish I had a true family like yours." He said as he looked at her. "I'm just a worthless orphan." He added. "Adrien, that's not true." She said softly. "My entire family was made up of villains and I never once suspected it." He replied looking at her. "That doesn't matter because you are my family. What you do not see in yourself because others can see it in you. You do matter to me and everyone else that is around you and who you interact with. You are special, Adrien." She said as she leaned down and kissed him gently on the lips. He leaned in and kissed her back deepening their kiss. She gasped softly and he slipped his tongue into her mouth intertwining with her own. "We have to get to school." She said as she forced herself out of bed. Marinette and Adrien got dressed for school. "I need to talk to your parents for a minute. I'll meet you in the bakery." Adrien said and she nodded heading downstairs. "Mme. Dupain-Cheng and M. Dupain, I would like your blessing on asking Marinette to marry me and become my wife." Adrien said as he looked at them. Sabine and Tom looked at one another and smiled happily as tears welled up in their eyes. "Oh, my! Yes, yes of course you have our blessing." Sabine said as she and Tom hugged Adrien. They calmed down and shooed him off to school. Marinette and Adrien walked hand in hand to school early morning, at least by her standards. They were standing by the front steps when Adrien pulled her to him and kissed her deeply and passionately infront of everyone. Marinette tangled her fingers in his hair, not caring that she was spoiling perfection, and kissed him back. He pulled away and got down on one knee in front of her. Marinette gasped as she looked at him. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng, the love of my life, we met here in this school and I have cherished and loved you from the first moment that I saw you." He said as she started crying while Alya and Nino filmed them. "You are my everything, my everyday Ladybug, my Super Marinette. So will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" Adrien asked as he pulled the box and opened it showing her the emerald ring inside. "Yes! Yes." She said as she held ot her left hand. He smiled as he slid the ring onto her finger smiling. 

Around them, people made scandalized noises, laughed, or wailed in despair. Nino cleared his throat  and smiled at them happily. "It's about time." Nino said before getting punched in the arm by Alya. "That's enough, you." Alya said with amusement. "This is so amazing, Marinette! You and Adrien are going to be together forever aren't you?" Ayla asked her. "Yes, we are!" Marinette said happily as she hugged her best friend. "I want the whole world to know it!" Adrien declared unapologetically. Marinette pulled Alya away and lowered her voice to a volume that was unlikely to be overheard. "Ladybug and Chat Noir will give you an exclusive interview about this later.  Gabriel Agreste turned out to be Monarch and Nathalie Sancoeur was Mayura. Adrien's handling it pretty well, considering, but it's understandable if he couldn't handle going back to school right after the take down. I spent the afternoon settling my recovered jewellery pieces back in their box, including my new butterfly broach." Marinette said as she looked at her. "Are you serious?" Alya gasped. "Monarch has been defeated?" She asked her. "Yeah, finally. But you didn't hear it from me," Marinette said smugly. "Speaking of jewelery." Marinette interrupted her. "I think it's time I returned your favourite necklace to you." She fished a little wooden box out of her bag and gave it to Alya, who gasped in delight and ran off to find a quiet place to reunite with her kwami, Trixx. Alya turned on her phone and started taping herself. "This just in, Ladybug and Chat Noir defeated Monarch yesterday afternoon. They've promised to give me all the juicy details of the takedown later today. Monarch turned out to be the famous fashion designer, Gabriel Agreste. Mayura was also found out to be Nathalie Sancoeur. Stay tuned  in to find out what went down." Alya said into her camera before posting the video to the Lady Blog. After that, news of Hawk Moth's defeat spread with lightning speed all over Paris and beyond. Without Alya to distract her, she could hear Adrien and Nino right behind her, making plans to hang out that evening. "This is going to be so cool!" Nino was exclaiming. Adrien caught up to Marinette and laced his fingers through hers. "It's going to be great not missing classes because of photoshoots anymore." Adrien said bashfully. "Y-yeah." Marinette agreed, too focused on the feeling of his fingers wrapped around hers to pay much attention to anything else. "And being able to get upset without having to worry about evil butterflies." She added. "What are you talking about?" Nino asked. "I just heard it from Alya, who heard it from Ladybug. That Hawk Moth has been defeated!" Marinette announced. "What? Seriously?" Nino gasped. Adrien and Marinette grinned proudly. Soon the rumour was all over the school.

Marinette and Adrien watched as the night sky of Paris lit up with millions of stars. It was so beautiful and galactic. They could see the milky way from their spot. They then saw a comet pass by along with a few shooting stars. She closed her eyes and made a wish. 'I wish that me and Adrien can stay together forever.' Marinette wished on the shooting star before opening her eyes and looking over at Adrien who had been watching her the entire time. Tikki grabbed Marinette's phone and began to play Rescue by Lauren Daigle. The song began to play as Marinette pulled Adrien close. They danced around the floor gently. Adrien then twirled her around before pulling her back into his arms. He looked at her and smiled before dipping her gently. He held her hand and gently pulled her closer by her waist as they danced together. She smiled and giggled as they danced to the music. She smiled as they just spent the next hour dancing while embraced in one another's arms. She then went undressed and changed into a nightgown with some shorts. Adrien was on her balcony staring out at the stars. "Little Kitty on a roof alone without his lady. I wonder if she knows about how I've been feeling lately. 'Cause I'm slowly falling apart ever since she's been gone and I'm lost, so lost." He began singing as he looked out at the night life of his city. "She can't just not care about what we've been through together. And yeah we've had some rainy days but we've fought Stormy Weather. The cataclysm in my head is slowly raging on. Now I'm gone, so gone." Chat Noir sang as he went and sat down on the lawn chair staring at the sky. Marinette grabbed her comforter as she went up onto her roof. "My Prince, how'd you manage to do this? You know it's you that I miss, ever since I've been gone. Ever since it all went wrong. I've been feeling so blue, 'Cause there's no me without you. And ever since I walked away. I've been building courage just to say. You know I love you. It's you I give my all to." Marinette sang in response as she climbed up and sat down next to him. "So little kitty on a roof, please give me a chance. I'm holding out my hand to you. So may I have this dance? I'm sorry for all of the pain that I have put you through. So will you please forgive me and I'll give my all to you." Marinette sang as she looked at Adrien. She placed her hand onto his cheek and pulled him into her lap. "Little kitty on a roof, together with his lady. After all this trouble she has come right back to save me. M'lady you may have this dance, 'Cause for eternity I'm yours. All yours." He sang as he started purring as she began playing with his hair. "Even when this is all fixed. Just know I won't forget you, 'Cause I'm the sun and your the moon. Just like the tides we'll pull through but now it's time to say goodbye like the other times. Just know I'm yours. All yours and you are mine." She finished singing and smiled happily as she leaned down and placed a gentle kiss onto Adrien's soft lips. She covered them up with the large comforter that she had brought. Adrien pulled her into his arms and held onto her like she would disappear into smoke if he let go.

Over the next few days, Paris was on an emotional high. Spontaneous celebrations broke out everywhere. So did spontaneous fights as people felt free to finally let loose negative emotions that they'd been keeping bottled up for months. No one was akumatized. Gradually, even the skeptics started to believe that it was really over. Adrien and Marinette told Nino and Alya that he was Chat Noir and she was Ladybug. Marinette allowed this since the butterfly miraculous was no longer in the hands of a supervillain. The four of them became closer than ever now that they no longer had to keep secrets from each other. Ladybug, Rena Rogue, Carapace and Chat Noir still patrolled the city on a regular schedule, much to the delight of tourists and locals alike, but, other than the occasional factory accident, out-of-control helicopter, or escaped zoo animal, they no longer had anything to fight and they were happy. They graduated and eventually Adrien and Marinette got married followed by Nino and Alya getting married a year later.