The Dress

Chloe and Lila worked together to spill two bowls of decorative beads on the floor near Marinette. She and Adrien were dancing peacefully when she stepped on the beads causing her to slip and fall destroying the table behind herself. Chloe and Lila began laughing at her. Her dress and hair were covered in punch and food. Adrien, Alya, and Nino went to her side immediately. "Really, uncool girls." Adrien said as he looked disgustedly at the two laughing girls. "Natalie, take care of Ms. Dupain-Cheng. Have her go upstairs and get cleaned up. Provide a new gown for her to wear." Gabriel ordered his assistant. She nodded in agreement as Adrien and Alya helped her up. She began crying at the embarrassment and humiliation. "Come with me, darling. Let's get you all cleaned up." Natalie said as she held out her hand to the girl. She nodded gently and took her hand. They went upstairs to the bathroom. "I'll get you a change of clothes. Everything you need is in the bathroom already. I am really sorry for Chloe and Lila's behavior. They will be severely punished." Natalie reassured her. She nodded gently. "Thank you, Natalie. For your kindness." She said softly as she went into the bathroom. She got undressed and took a shower washing out her hair and body. Natalie had picked out an old dress of Adrien's mothers. Natalie knocked on the door and Marinette opened it. "Let's make you look fabulous." She said softly as she helped her put on a beautiful emerald green and silver ball gown that clung to her curves and left nothing to the imagination. She put on long sleeved gloves and black heels that worked with the outfit. Natalie sat Marinette down and helped braid Marinette's beautiful blue hair to the side and pinned it up with a beautiful rose. It matched the beautiful golden rose pendant that she placed around her neck. (Outfit Two) "We will take your gown to the dry cleaners and take care of it for you." Natalie said softly as she looked at the young girl. "Thank you, you and Gabriel for the kindness that you have shown me." Marinette said softly as they finished up. "Ready to go back down there and face them?" Natalie asked. She nodded gently as she looked at her. Natalie smiled and held her hand out to her. Marinette took it and led her back to the ballroom. Marinette smiled happily as she walked down the steps wearing the beautiful dress. The mess was cleaned up and replaced by the servants. Everyone stood in awe as they watched her descend the staircase. Gabriel took this moment and went over and held his hand out to Marinette. "You look beautiful in my wife's dress. Just as I knew you would." He said as she shockingly placed her hand onto his. "Thank you, for your kindness, Mr. Agreste." Marinette said softly. "May I have this dance, my lady?" Gabriel asked her. "You may." She said as they walked to the dance floor. They bowed respectfully to one another. Gabriel placed his hand in her hand and around her waist as they danced with her. Marinette smiled happily as they danced. "You don't have to worry about Chloe and Lila bothering you anymore tonight. I have kicked them out and told each of their parents what happened." He said as he twirled her around before pulling her back and dipping her gently. "Thank you so much, Mr.Agreste. I really do appreciate it." She said as she looked at him happily as they danced. "You can keep everything that you are wearing by the way." Gabriel said as he looked at the young woman. "I couldn't possibly." Marinette started. "Please, I insist." He said as he held her hand and gently pulled her closer by her waist as they danced together. Gabriel twirled her and she ended up in the arms of Adrien. She smiled happily as they danced together. "I am really sorry about your dress. But you look beautiful in my mother's dress." Adrien said as he twirled her around before pulling her back into his arms. "Your father is letting me keep it." She told him. "Are you serious? That is nice of him." He said happily as he looked at her. "Yeah maybe he isn't as bad as you think." Marinette commented. "Maybe he isn't." Adrien said as he smiled before dipping her gently. She smiled and giggled as they danced to the music. The music on the speaker abruptly stopped. Adrien and Gabriel went over to the Nino who was in the DJ booth and the live musicians. "What happened?" Gabriel questioned him. "The relay overloaded the system, I can fix it but it will take a few minutes." Nino said as he inspected the equipment. "What are we going to do in the meantime?" Gabriel questioned. "Nino can fix it and Marinette can sing in the meantime, sir." Alya said looking at the blonde boy and the bluenette. Marinette looked at Ayla and punched her arm. "I mean I can but I'm not that good." Marinette said. "I'm sure that your wonderful." Adrien encouraged her. "What songs can you do?" Adrien asked her. "I can mainly do Sanctuary by Welshly Arms and Robin Hood by Anson Seabra, pretty well." Marinette said. "Will you be comfortable performing in front of everyone in the mean time?" Adrien asked her gently. "Yeah, I will be fine." Marinette said confidently. 'Adrien and his father need my help saving the ball.' Marinette thought to herself as Adrien smiled. "You are a lifesaver, Marinette." He said happily. Gabriel went over and told the live musicians the plan. They set up everything on the live stage. Adrien brought Marinette onto the stage with a microphone in front of her. She looked at him nervously. "You'll do great." He encouraged. "Me and this wonderful band will be giving you all some live music due to technical difficulties." She said smiling and took a breath as the music began playing.