F I V E • "Synesthesia"

"hoi CA!" Ava surprised me.

"ang lalim siguro ng iniisip mo..." she said.

I was thinking about what happened after Janus said what he said yesterday.

<< Flashback >>

"maybe you're not comfortable, you can go home" I whispered to Janus.

"don't you want to be with me?" Janus replied.

I was stunned by his question. I want to be with you Janus, always but I can't. I don't want to give meaning to your actions, I should be satisfied with the friendship you give.

"it's not like that, I just don't want to—" he interrupted what I was going to say.

"tito, tita, aalis na po ako dahil hinahanap na ako sa amin, maybe next time... pupunta ulit ako dito, salamat po sa magandang pakikitungo sakin—mauna na po ko" he said and left.

"sundan ko lang po siya" I said and followed Janus.

He was riding his motorcycle when I called him...

"Janus! sorry, it's like you were forced to join us, so I said that" I told him.

"sorry talaga, I shouldn't have told you that—" I added.

"okay lang, pumasok kana baka hanapin ka nila tito at tita—aalis na den ako" he said and left.

I went inside and just joined my parents to eat.

<< End of Flashback >>

"w-wala" I said.

"did you talk to Ava yesterday?" Janae asked.

"ini-ignored niya kami ni Janus" I replied.

"sorry, kung hindi sana ako sumabat baka medyo okay pa kayong dalawa" she said sadly.

"that's not your fault Janae, kasalanan ko yon dapat inexplain ko kay Ava ng maayos" I said.

We were leaving the room when I saw Janus. I smiled at him when he looked at me but he turned his gaze to someone else. I know he's mad but that's all? I just told him to go home, will he be like that? he's so immature.

"I'm sorry CA" someone suddenly spoke behind me.

I faced her and I saw...

"I'm the one who should be apologizing to you Ava, sorry for what I said to you yesterday. But what I said yesterday is true, Janus and I don't have a relationship because we're just friends" I explain to her.

"alam ko yun CA at naniniwala ako sayo... di ko alam paano ko sasabihin sayo to pero kase... I like him" she said nervously.

That's why she reacted like that when he saw us, he likes Janus. My friend likes the person I like.

"s-sana sinabi mo agad para naman na e-explain ko sayo ng maayos" I stuttered to her.

"okay na yun, pero wag na wag mong sasabihin sa kanya dahil ayokong sirain yung 6 years naming pagkakaibigan" she said.

"o-ofcourse, I won't tell him" I said uncomfortably.