vi - cafe

Around 30 minutes later, the bell rang. "Okay, onto your next class!" The teacher demanded.

Muichiro started packing up and Setsuko stood up, putting the chair back in place. "Hey, Mui wanna hangout at this cafe nearby after school to work on the project?" They asked.

Muichiro hesitated for a bit. "What about Tanjirou?"

"I think I can squeeze in a little time for us before Tanjirou comes over."

Muichiro wasn't sure about it. Was this just Setsuko trying to make up for something they did again? He's been telling Setsuko that they didn't have to do that every time they did. And the weird thing is, this time they didn't mention that they were making up for something. "Really?"

"Mhm!" Setsuko sincerely nodded. "Bring anyone you like too. Now come on, let's go or else we'll be late for your next class!" They ran to Muichiro and grabbed his hand, pulling him along.

"Suko, wait!" Muichiro laughed along. He also knew who to bring. Yuichiro wasn't going to like it, but it was the best he could do for him.

"Why am I here?"

The three stood at the front of the cafe, waiting for Yuichiro to go inside. "Come on, Yuichiro." Muichiro pleaded. "It'd be fun." Yuichiro groaned and Muichiro slowly pulled him in. Setsuko laughed at the sight.

A waitress with long green hair walked out with a board in her hands, ready to serve them.

"Welcome- huh!? Setsuko!?"

"Hakane!?"

The waitress dropped it at the sight of Setsuko and gasped. "The hell are you doing here!?" She yelled.

"I should be asking you the same thing!" Setsuko yelled back. Muichiro and his brother stood behind them, wondering what was going on.

The waitress, Hakane sighed and picked up the board. "I work here, dumbass! What are you here for!?"

Setsuko was about to start but they got interrupted. "Can you all stop screaming!?" Yuichiro yelled. They all paused and Setsuko cleared their throat, blushing from embarrassment. "This is my step sister, Hakane. I thought she'd be at home right now." Setsuko glared at her and she rolled her eyes.

"I'll explain later." Hakane walked away and the three went to sit down. Setsuko sighed in relief and started taking out materials from his bag.

"When did you get a sister?" Muichiro asked.

"Yeah, I've never seen her around school." Yuichiro mentioned.

"Hakane goes to a different school on the other side of town. An all girls school. She's a year younger than me. She's my step dad's biological daughter. I never knew she worked here." Setsuko answered. Muichiro nodded and the two started getting to work on their essay.

Yuichiro didn't know what he was doing there, but he was glad that he got away from their father for once. He looked around aimlessly as Setsuko and Muichiro started discussing what to write.

He noticed Hakane was sweeping the floor and for some reason the only one working in the cafe. "Hey, hold on a sec." He said and stood up, walking towards Hakane. It wasn't until he was up close that he realized how alluring she was. Her eyes were a bright shade of green like her long hair and she had fair skin.

"Um, hey." Yuichiro said awkwardly.

She looked up. "Hey." There was a moment of silence between the two. "Let me guess. You're third wheeling?" Hakane said with a smile.