iii - rooftop

"Alright class, that will be the end of today's lesson. Have a good day and don't forget about tonight's homework!" Kochou sensei finished and everyone was starting to leave. The girls who probably threw the paper ball were Kanao Tsuyuri, Aoi Kanzaki, and Kocho sensei's younger sister, Shinobu Kochou. They all had butterfly pins in their hair and nearly everyone adored them. Muichiro didn't find them that interesting, but that might just be him.

Muichiro's art class with Kanroji sensei went well. She was energetic like always and had a smile on her face while teaching. It was the one class Muichiro actually enjoyed because they actually did stuff in it and not just sit around listening or following a book. This class, they drew a hibiscus flower. Muichiro's came out pretty good, but not as good as the teacher's.

The class ended and everyone was going home while Muichiro headed for the roof. He was suspicious but also curious. The 3 girls were waiting for him of course. Kanao had her hands behind her back and the other two were smiling behind her. "Uhm, you wanted to meet me here?" Muichiro awkwardly greeted them.

"Yes we did." Kanao started, "you're good friends with Haruto right?" Muichiro nodded. "Well we want you to not be friends with him anymore." Muichiro was even more confused.

"Y'know he's a weirdo. And you don't want to hang around with weirdos. Learn from your brother for once. He's the cooler twin anyway." Shinobu said with a laugh.

"....what? What do you mean? Also, Setsuko doesn't like he/him pronouns. They prefer they/them."

"Does he really think growing his hair out and glasses will automatically make him a girl!?" Kanao laughed. Muichiro felt his blood boiling at Kanao's remarks. The 2 girls laughed along.

"They're not even trying to be a girl! They just want to be...them." He fought back.

"We're just trying to help you become popular. You won't be bullied anymore if you give up your friendship."

"No! Being friends with Setsuko is so much more important than that! Why would you want me to stop being friends with them?!"

"Because you're keeping him all to yourself!" Kanao yelled. "He was supposed to be my friend, but you ruined it!"

"You won't even respect their name and pronouns, how would they want to be friends with you!?

Aoi sighed. "Guess he won't cooperate. Kanao?"

"Right." Kanao started taking her hands out from behind her back unveiling scissors. Muichiro began getting scared and was backing up. "Let's trim that long hair of yours. Make you more masculine." She stepped closer and Muichiro was pressed against the chain fence.

"No, stop!" Kanao stepped closer and pressed him against the fence. She held the scissors up to his hair, but before she could do anything, Muichiro kicked her and she fell backwards. Muichiro always loved his hair. It reminded him of his mother so when Yuichiro cut his hair shorter, Muichiro almost slapped him. They didn't talk for months afterwards.

"Ugh! You two, hold him down!" Kanao angrily yelled. Aoi and Shinobu ran over and grabbed both of Muichiro's arms, pinning him against the fence again. Muichiro tried to yell, but it felt like no one was coming to save him. Kanao approached him once more. "Let's start from the bottom. How short should it be? Shoulder length? No shorter." She started messing with his hair. Muichiro was uncomfortable with everything that was happening and wanted it to stop. It made him uncomfortable to the point where he started crying.

Kanao held up the scissors and put them up to his hair. Oh, someone help me! Muichiro thought.

"Hey, what the hell!?" Everyone stopped and turned to the door. It was thankfully Setsuko. "Get away from him!" They looked mad and ran over. They instantly pushed the 3 girls out the way and they all ran off. "This is where you were. I knew it was weird when you-woah!" Muichiro sprung onto Setsuko, wrapping his arms around their neck and started sobbing.

"They-they were gonna cut my hair! And they were insulting you a-and making fun of you! They wanted me to stop being friends with you! Because you were con-considered weird!" Setsuko was frozen and Muichiro kept sobbing. "Why are they so mean to you? Why do they make fun of you!? It's so mean, Setsuko, it's so mean!"

Setsuko put their arms around Muichiro and hugged him tight. "Please just worry about yourself for once. I can deal with that stuff myself now let's get out of here. I can walk you home if you want." Muichiro slightly nodded and stood up.

"Y-Yeah...can we go now?" He sniffed once more and Setsuko nodded.

Imagine relating to Setsuko, couldn't  be me el oh el

--------

797