iv - home

!!MENTIONS OF SELF HARM AND ABUSE!!

They walked out of the school in silence. Setsuko was worried for Muichiro. Everyone in school started picking on him just like how they picked on them in Junior High just for looking different. Muichiro was always sensitive about his hair. He used to say he would never consider cutting it because it was like a part of him, but lately he's been saying how he wanted to cut it which started making Setsuko worried. 3 months ago, he started picking at the skin on his nails to the point where he would start bleeding. Muichiro promised to not do it ever again, but Setsuko had a feeling he lied and still did it. Today when they grabbed Muichiro's hand, they noticed multiple bandages on the tips of his fingers. Setsuko knew something was wrong.

They got to Muichiro's house. Yuichiro had already gotten home a while ago and was starting to get worried. "Thanks for today." Muichiro said as he stood in front of the door. He stared at the ground.

Setsuko smiled. "Yeah, no problem. Hey, if somethings bothering you, just text me, okay?" Muichiro nodded. He started opening the door and at the doorway stood Yuichiro. Yuichiro was slightly taller than Muichiro and his expression was colder.

"You're back." He coldly said. Muichiro walked through the front door, pushing past him and into the house. "You know you should tell me if you're not coming straight home." Yuichiro glared at Setsuko which they found weird.

"Yeah sorry." Muichiro took off his shoes and turned back towards Setsuko. "Well, see you."

"Yeah." Setsuko said with a smile. Yuichiro then slammed the door on them and turned back around. "Why are you back so early?" Yuichiro asked.

"Why do you want to know? You wouldn't care." Muichiro deflected. Yuichiro stopped and watched his brother walk down the hallway to his room. Ever since their mother's passing, Yuichiro's never been the same. He used to be much nicer and now it's like he hates the world.

Muichiro passed his dad on the way to his room. He was passed out on the couch. Muichiro scoffed at the sight and kept moving. He got to his room and immediately fell onto the bed. He started swiping through Instagram, seeing all of his classmates and their friends hanging out. He kept scrolling until he noticed that he was @ in a post. He decided to check it out. The post was a picture of him with red crosses on his eyes and neck. Muichiro scrolled to the next picture and saw a picture of Setsuko with red crosses on their wrists and neck. He also noticed that Setsuko was @ in the post too. The caption read, "I hope they die. Fucking ass holes. They think they're better than everyone just because they're different."

He sunk into the pillow that he was hugging and tears started forming. They slid down Muichiro's face and he burrowed his face into the pillow. He looked at the bandages on his fingers. He promised Setsuko that he wouldn't pick at his skin anymore, but sometimes he just had to.

"Muichiro! Yuichiro! Get your asses out here!" Muichiro's father yelled. Fuck! Muichiro ran to the bathroom with his phone and locked the door. He hid in the corner and heard Yuichiro and their father in the hallway.

"What is it?" Yuichiro sternly said.

"Where's your brother?" His father yelled back. Yuichiro stayed silent. "You two are so disobedient!" Muichiro then heard Yuichiro getting slapped, falling into the coffee table and knocking it over. Muichiro covered his ears and pulled his legs into his chest.

"I don't know where that guy is! Leave us alone! You're drunk!" Yuichiro yelled again. Muichiro quietly sobbed in fear. He felt bad for his brother but he didn't know what to do. He didn't want to engage, but he didn't want to leave him out there.

Suddenly, Muichiro's phone started ringing. His father and Yuichiro heard. Muichiro quickly hung up on whoever was calling. "There you are!" His father yelled and charged at the bathroom. Yuichiro ran too and blocked the door. "Stop it!" He yelled back. "Why do you hate us so much!?

"Because you two are just ignorant children and a waste of my time!" He pushed Yuichiro out of the way and started kicking him. Muichiro had had enough and opened the door. "Get away from him!" He pushed their dad away and dragged Yuichiro into his bedroom, locking the door.

They heard their father stomping away back to the couch and him mumbling to himself. 

Yikes, heavy chapter. It'll get better from here. I think

________

782