011

February 10th, 2022

the superbowl was only a couple days away, which kenzie had planned on going to. patrick, izzy, layla, and shockingly, travis were all going with her to the game.

travis and joe have gotten along well, surprisingly well, over the past week and a half. joe hasn't asked her to be his girlfriend yet, and they haven't kissed since the banquet so she kind of felt a standstill in her "relationship" with joe, if it was even appropriate to call it that.

joe has gotten along great with everyone she cared about, her siblings, her mom, izzy, layla. and she has gotten along great with all of joe's friends.

they would all hang out together sometimes, their friendships, all together were so evergreen.

but for some reason, something felt off around joe. she didn't want to push it, considering the super bowl was happening in a few days. but they weren't making any progress in becoming a couple which made kenzie think if he even wanted to be with her in the first place?

the group flew out to los angeles today, since it was the 10th. the game wasn't until the 12th but they wanted to go early.

travis and izzy sat towards the front of the plane, which made patrick third wheel because he was sitting in the same row as them. but other than that, everyone was spread out among the plane.

kenzie was in the very back, she had a window seat. it was the last row before the bathroom. layla was towards the middle of the plane with an isle seat because she needs to use the bathroom a lot.

kenzie sat down in her seat, boarding was almost done so she thought she would have the row to herself until he sat down.

someone sat down in the middle seat, no one in the isle seat yet so hopefully once they announced boarding was complete, he would move.

"shane." he said looking at kenzie up and down with a smirk.

author's note: shane is played by shane dawson btw

kenzie nodded and turned back to the front pretending to be interested in the tv ahead of her.

"am i gonna get a name pretty girl?" shane said looking at her up and down once more. kenzie shifted in her seat uncomfortably. who was he calling pretty girl? he is a stranger.

"mckenzie." she said plainly and shortly as she wanted nothing to do with this guy during this 4 hour flight.

"can i call you kenzie?" shane asked, still looking at her with a sly smirk. who does he think he is?

"no." kenzie said shortly, once again. she let out a heavy sigh, bouncing her leg looking out the window. her patience was thin, and she would have to deal with him for 4 hours?

"ooo, playing hard to get i see." shane said. when would he wipe the nasty smirk off of his ugly face? "are you ok?" he said noticing her bouncing her leg. "do planes give you anxiety?" he said putting his hand on her thigh, to stop the bouncing.

"don't touch me." kenzie said pushing his hand off of her leg.

because the plane didn't take off yet, she texted the group chat to try and get out of this situation.

my people
trav ; travis
patty ; patrick
izzy ; isabelle
lay ; layla
kenz ; kenzie

kenz
some weirdo named shane
is being stupid back here. he just
put his hand on my leg and he called
me pretty girl. he's lowkey harassing me
⚠️text not delivered

this is great. the text didn't send and now she was stuck on this plane for 3 hours and 45 minutes with shane.

luckily, he eventually fell asleep, after ever so badly trying to get with kenzie. he snored very loud though.

finally, she got the best news in her life that the plane had landed. she quickly got off the plane, because shane immediately went to the bathroom.

she found the rest of the group outside of the gate. "i didn't see anyone who looks like a shane." layla said scanning the people who were getting off the plane.

"he is in the bathroom." kenzie said. so they did get her text.

"it didn't go through until now." izzy said. "is that him?"

kenzie looked at the person in question, and it was in fact shane. "i'll be back." patrick and travis said in unison and they both walked toward shane.

"oh lord." layla said looking at the pair walk over to shane.

"this isn't going to end well." izzy said shaking her head.

"said what we were all thinking." layla said thinning her lips.

"they won't do anything stupid though. they aren't dumb." izzy said. "well," izzy said pausing.

"travis did punch joe in the face that one time." layla said putting up her finger as if she was remembering it.

"but they won't fight him in an airport." izzy said trying to justify. "but, travis didn't punch joe at a banquet, in a ballroom."

"okay, enough." kenzie said looking at what was happening with the pair.

all they are doing was talking, she could only see shane's face because travis and patrick's backs were facing them.

all kenzie knew was that shane scaredly looked back and forth between patrick and travis as they spoke and he scurried off quickly once they had finished talking.

patrick and travis both walked back over to the group. "well?" izzy asked wanting to know what was said.

"don't worry about it." travis said putting his hand around izzy's waist and kissing her temple.

"ugh." the rest of the group groaned as they walked towards baggage claim. "i had to third wheel this the entire plan ride." patrick said rolling his eyes.

"i have to third wheel my brother and one of my best friends." kenzie said, also rolling her eyes.

"i just hate third wheeling." layla said shrugging her shoulders. "and plus, travis isn't single and neither are you kenz, so i'm truly and seventh wheel."

"joe and i aren't dating." kenzie said, which wasn't a lie, they weren't.

"y'all practically are." travis said, his arm still around izzy's waist.

"are not. nothing has changed since the banquet." kenzie said as they found their way to baggage claim. "and i'm not gonna push it because the super bowl is literally in 2 days."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

next chapter is the superbowl chapter so enjoy!! we all know how that went....