004

January 6th, 2022

it has been a couple of days since the game, kenzie has gone against texting joe so many times it is actually insane.

layla, izzy, travis, patrick, brittany, and nicole were coming over to watching thursday night football. it was a tradition, it was always at kenzie's house.

the green bay packers and the los angeles rams were playing tonight. kenzie prepared some snacks and drinks.

layla and izzy got there first, they always did. they usually brought the snacks that kenzie didn't have. nicole hasn't been coming over for a while and kenzie made the mental note to talk to travis about it.

"so, have you texted joe yet?" layla asked setting down her snacks next the ones on the table already and taking her spot on the couch.

"no." kenzie replied quickly.

"why not?" izzy asked sitting down next to the pair as well. "he literally gave you his number, kenz."

"i don't know, i just don't know what i would say to him." kenzie said shrugging her shoulders.

"just say hey." layla said nonchalantly. "or ask him out."

"no way she would do that!" izzy said laughing.

"do what?" patrick said as she walked into the living room with brittany.

"basically, joe burrow gave kenz his number and she has yet to text him! he literally wrote it on a football and threw it to her." izzy said to patrick and brittany.

"isabelle smith!" kenzie yelled. "stop spilling my personal business."

"wait, do you think i didn't see what was going on between you two? i ship it lowkey." patrick said high giving izzy and layla.

"jenzie shall be in full swing by 2022." brittany said with a smile while sitting down next to her fiancé on the loveseat.

"okay, enough." kenzie said. "travis doesn't know and he would be furious."

"she doesn't even have the courage to text him so, nothing stemming from this guys." layla said with a sigh grabbing a chip and sitting back.

"guess who's back! back again." travis sang walking in the house with some beer.

travis set the beer in the fridge and sat down in the chair next to the couch. the game started after a couple minutes of conversation.

"before this game, let's talk about the insane one that happened on sunday!" the sports newscaster said on the tv. "the chiefs vs bengals matchup is one we will never forget!" the tv screen changed to a slow motion video on joe throwing the ball.

everyone immediately looked at kenzie as her cheeks flushed red. she didn't expect his face to pop up on the tv.

travis looked at the tv, then everyone else looking at kenzie, then at kenzie. he seemed like he was starting to connect the dots and kenzie knew that. she had to distract him somehow.

"so, trav, where is nicole." kenzie spurted out. definitely not what she wanted to say. i mean, she wanted to bring it up but not like this, in front of everyone. she didn't want to embarrass travis.

"um," travis said. he was definitely embarrassed by what kenzie had said. "we broke up."

"why?" patrick asked hesitantly. "you doing ok?"

"i broke up with her. i just, didn't want to stay in a relationship if i have feelings for someone else." travis said. have? so he has feelings for someone.. who?