Bonus Chapter - The Red Wedding - The End - Part 2

"You know, I can just end it all for you by pushing myself into the knife. You get no prize, and I escape the terror that is this world."

"Why would you do that when you have a husband and child on the way?"

True.

"Technically, we're not married yet. You put a stop to that."

"What did I tell you about talking?"

The knife ends up back at my throat, into the same spot where it was before, and I hiss at the blade touching my wounded skin. She doesn't move it further after that.

"We'll be leaving now," Azelia instructs.

I look around me, everyone still frozen in their places. Even the minister, stuck at the altar, his little bible still open and standing perfectly still. Hongjoong's eyes flick from me to Azelia, back and forth, clearly trying to come up with some sort of plan. The rest of the men look confused and slightly afraid. They know, like us, that there were no safeguards in place in case of an attacj today. We all thought we had eliminated all threats. Evidently, we were all wrong.

All I can think in this moment is survival. What can I do to preserve not only my health, but that of my baby's? How do I escape her hold without hurting myself further? There's nothing I can say, as I've tried and tried again.

"Would the ashes of my parents suffice?" I attempt.

The people dressed in black, as well as Azelia look startled by that announcement. Yeah, who would've thought I would've kept the ashes of my family that I killed. Well, I'm twisted like that. I have them displayed like trophies in an actual trophy case in one of the lobbies. To any outsiders, it just looks like fancy bottles, but to me, its the urns in which my family rest forevermore.

So I repeat myself after a long silence. "Would the ashes of my parents suffice?"

"You have them?" One man far away from me asks, and I notice his gun slip a little from being pointed at Yunho. Of all the people to slip up on, he totally was not the one. He could have an array of escape plans at any moment now.

Which is just what I need. Apparently to keep them distracted. "Yes, I have the ashes of my parents and my brothers. All here in the compound. All intact." To keep the distraction going, I continue my offer. "I can give them all to you, get them off my hands. I have no use of them."

Peering as best I can, a few people start to slip. The positions of their feet shuffle a little, the angles of their guns lower slightly. Their eyes get lost in their heads, pondering the proposal I've given them.

"Take the ashes, leave me." I continue again.

Yunho and Mingi exchange glances with each other, they've got a plan in the works. Makes sense again. The gun guy and the tactician figuring out how to escape a bunch of people with guns. Hopefully only guns, I would hate to see someone steal my hat trick and pull out a knife. It would completely steal my thunder.

"We.... no. We will still take you." Azelia says unsurely. "You are alive and still able to answer for your family's wrongdoings. If my information is correct, you've done some wrongdoing yourself. Consider this the penalty for your crimes."

Another member of her squad chimes in. "But if we take the ashes, we take what's left of everything. It will all be over."

"Shut it. We take her. We have someone who can pay for their crimes."

The team of hers becomes more unstable, they wobble, their guns change position, they've taken their eyes off their targets.

That's when the strike happens.