All is Red

Another week passed and I stayed in my room for most of it. Hongjoong and most of his, our  (that feels weird coming out of me) team had left to do some job. The night before he came to see me.

"Y/N," he'd said, coming in to my room while I was playing solitaire with myself.

"Yes, sir?" I'd responded.

"I'm leaving tomorrow. I should be back in a bit."

"Do I dare ask what it's about?"

"You wouldn't like it." 

He scratched at the back of his head and leaned against the wall in front of me.

"Is leaving right now the best idea considering you're still in pain from your little woundy-wound?" I reached out as far as I dare with my good arm and point to his side where he was all stitched up.

"Yeosang says I'm fine. I trust his judgement. Speaking of, Yeosang, Yunho, Jongho and Mingi will be accompanying me. If you need anything or any company, the other two should be more than willing. They're weird that way."

He sat down beside me on the floor beside me and picked up a card. He placed it in its appropriate spot. 

"You gonna say anything to me... or?"

"Well, what do you want me to say?"

I turned my head and dared to look into his eyes.

"'Good luck', 'I'll miss you', 'Stay safe', something along those lines."

"Ok. Don't die."

He huffed a laugh. "That's better than nothing, I guess."

What he did next took me by surprise. He put his hand on the back of my neck and his fingers played around with my hair.

I tried to ignore his bold moves and continued with my game.

It worked for a little bit. Then he got annoyed.

"You're not gonna acknowledge where my hand is?"

"I'm choosing not to open myself up to emotion currently."

I placed a card on top of another and reset the deck.

With his other hand, he placed his fingers delicately under my chin and turned my head towards his.

I stopped breathing for a moment. I looked into his eyes. At him. Not like I had before at the annoying human flesh he is, but at him. Damn, he's pretty good looking.

He must have noticed because he spoke up. "Like what you see?" He whispered.

"Nope. Not at all." I tried to stay serious but my lips curved into the tiniest smile.

He leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back.

Stupid lips of his lowering my inhibitions.

He pulled away once he ran out of breath, smiled and left my room.

That was, like I mentioned earlier, a week ago.

I stayed in my room for most of the past week. Only leaving when San would barge into my room through the vents or if I wanted to fight that hot piece of eye candy- I mean Seonghwa. Stoic Seonghwa.

San and Wooyoung barged in to my room a couple times, claiming to be bored out of their minds not having Hongjoong here to annoy. We ended up bonding the most minuscule amount over that.