Part 15

Severus feels Frank eye him once in a while during the drive. He's just blankly staring out the window so it isn't like there's no reason to.

The ride is eerily quiet and once he gets to the familiar front door, he braces himself.

" Do you want me to wait here for you?"

" Could you? Alice is probably waiting for you though."

" She would do the same thing if she was in my position."

Severus smiles then nods, getting out of the car and taking a deep breath of the fresh air.

He walks up the steps, legs faltering with each stride but finds enough strength to knock on the door. He stands there awkwardly before the door finally swings open and there's a shocked face behind it.

" Severus. What're you doing here?"

" We have to talk." Is all he has to say before he gets ushered into the house.

He goes in with one last look at Frank to make sure he's still there, a reassuring smile to comfort him.

The air inside the home is cozy, candles and warm lighting making it feel like a cottage. He always loved Regulus' house, it was his comfort place.

But now all he felt was the awkward tension between two friends who felt like strangers to each other.

" What do you want to talk about?" Regulus asks and sits on one of his expensive arm chairs, hands on his knees.

Severus doesn't sit, not wanting to drag it out for the sake of himself and Frank alike.

" How was the trip?"

Regulus raises his eyebrows but then smile.

" It was good. We had a good time, the place we went to was really romantic. He even got us the couples special." He smiles as he looks down and Severus nods.

He hums as he looks around, willing away the stinging behind his eyes.

" I think we might go again soon. If that's ok with you of course." Regulus gestures and Severus feels his heart break.

Whatever he felt for Regulus, the protection and loyalty he felt from a friend seemed to have dissipated. He felt none of that towards him, just hostility.

" Break up with him." He says suddenly and Regulus makes a noise.

" What?"

" You heard me." Severus turns around with his arms crossed and Regulus just blinks at him.

" But I thought you were-"

" I was. But now i'm not. So break up with him." Severus nods but he doesn't get a reaction back.

You could see the gears move in Regulus' head and the awkward position he was forced into.

" This isn't fair Sev." He shakes his head and laughs.

Severus furrows his brows and stares him down.

" What is?"

" You agreed to let me see him but now you're going back on your word. You're..."

" I'm what?" Severus says the second word quite harsh but again, no reaction.

" You're being mean."

Ah, mean. Being mean was Severus' main personality trait wasn't it?

" You think you going out with my husband isn't mean?"

" We're not doing it behind your back."

" You're fucking my husband Regulus, whether i know or not, it's all the same."