Chapter 16: Angel With Horns

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I lean back in the chair. "It wasn't poof, then dead, he simply made a mistake. All junkies do it at least once. It's inevitable. For some it's a wake up call, others don't wake up, third one possibly doesn't even care and so on and so on." 

Celine is opening her mouth, but the doors are in sync with her as we all switch attention from each other towards it. 

Both Landon and Lilah are wearing overly long black coats with different kinds of white button shirts. Lilah's is a silky one, tucked in a dark thin skirt as she steps to the side to remove the high heel boots. 

My and Landon's are on the same line as soon as he enters the room. He lifts his chin slightly when he sees me, not saying anything as he slips out of the coat, putting it aside as he rolls up his white sleeves, which reveals still fresh blood over it. 

My glass almost slips from my hand when he stops closer, leaving the dark corner of the room and turns on the previously off lights where the three of us sat.

"Evening." 

It's midnight and he has a poorly taken care of a scar across his face.  

"Sir." both of the annoying people in front of me stand up immediately, nodding at his presence as they greet him. He is crossing the room without a care to respond or to even look at me as my face follows his and the wound. 

He is opening one of the high shelves and taking out a bottle of something that is too german for me to even pronounce. 

Lilah is also wearing some sort of bandages over her, but his wounds are exposed. Cuts on the arms and around the back of his neck as his face looks away from me seem as if they were made from injury similar to a fall from a motorbike. 

That one would make sense. Not the first or last it happened. 

But not that one. Not the one on his face. 

"Everyone besides him, out." 

When Landon speaks the order we all know what it means and we all listen. No one asks who 'him' is, but only I stay. 

He turns around, leaning his back next to the sink as he places one hand behind him and the other holds up the glass to his lips. He doesn't drink, just keeps it there until he hears the click of doors closing. 

When they all leave the earshot he speaks. "How did you kill Tyler, Winter?" 

I freeze on the inside, but the outside is still as calm and passive as always. "Who the hell is Tyler?" 

He drops the glass in the sink. Not put it, drop it as he doesn't even care to look, does it break when he steps forward to me. 

I have nowhere to move back as the counter pounds my back. Landon is putting his hands around me, grabbing the counter harshly as he lowers his head down and traps me in between. 

I barely have any space to lift my head to meet his eyes. But when I do, the rage in the soft eyes is terrifying. 

"Once." he says. "Tell me the truth only once in your life so that I know you are able to do it."

I inhale all the strong scent of suffocating perfume mixed with the smell of fuel as I close my mouth. Not one part of his body is touching mine, but I still can't think clearly from the thoughts of what if.

What if he stepped closer?

What if I let him?

What if-

I can't dwell on that for a long time because he is waiting and waiting and he seems so tired of it. 

He wants the truth.