Chapter 29: Who is Amari?

Start from the beginning

Giyu suddenly stops in front of what appears to be an Estate. "We're here."

Tanjiro stares up at the big Estate. "Is this your home, Tomioka?"

"No. It's Y/n's." The Hashira answered simply before heading towards the door. "Let's go."

"Wait, what?" Tanjiro looks in surprise, his eyes glancing away from the Estate to look at the Water Hashira who already opened the door. "We're going in her house? Are we allowed? Won't she be mad?"

"I can go as I please. You're the plus one. Now come in side." Giyu demanded as he walked inside, leaving Tanjro to hesitantly follow.

As they walk through the house, Tanjiro allowed himself to look around. Seeing a  low table surrounded by sitting pillows in front of the fireplace.

"Look around while I prepare something." Giyu told the boy as he headed towards the kitchen. "Yes, you can look around. No, you can't touch anything."

Tanjiro watches Giyu walk away with a nervous smile. He didn't want to disrespect her by looking around her home but if he's told it's okay, than who is he to not.

There were many paintings on walls and there's few pictures hug up on the walls. Above the fireplace hung a blue sword. Tanjiro found himself staring at it for a moment before he continued to look around.

He could see some pictures looked to be a younger her with an older man. And some appeared to be the same man with different people.

His mind drifted as he saw a long hallway which his mind lead his feet to walk down it. He could see few different pictures hung on the wall.

All the doors were close, and although he was curious, he didn't go in any of the rooms. He's not allowed to touch anything and in his mind, that includes doors.

But as he walked, his eyes located a door that was already open. So with his beaming curiosity, he walked inside.

The first thing he sees is a neatly made bed. But when he walked further inside, he could see more and more pictures on the wall.

He looked around the room and all he saw was pictures with two people. The man he had been seeing the most in the pictures and a very tanned boy he hadn't seen in any until he walked in this room.

Curiosity beamed in him as he saw that the tanned boy seemed to be in multiple pictures around the wall. But he wasn't anywhere else in the house, just this room.

His eyes trailed to the floor, finding a box near the corner by what seems to be a closet. When he walked towards it, he was able to seem many pictures of that same boy in the box.

A puzzled look appeared on Tanjiro's face as he stared at the box full of his pictures. "Why are his pictures in a box?"

Finally looking away, his eyes moved back over to the bed and he walked in front of it. Above the bed hung a blue haori, simpler color to the dark blue sword he saw hanging above the fireplace.

When he looks over to the slightly open closet, he can see another haori. Except the colors were purple mixed yellow.

Tanjiro's eyes drifted on it's own to the bedside table. Walking over, he saw two picture frames standing on it.

One picture was was the man and what he assumes to be younger Y/n. And the other is the tanned boy with Y/n, which he noticed was being hugged by younger Y/n who had a big smile he'd never seen her wear. She was holding the boy tight and the boy held her more gently with a smile on his face.

𝑇h𝑒𝑦 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 h𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑦. S͟h͟e͟ 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑠 h𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑦.