chapter 11

A/N: Hehe

I can't believe I'm as powerful as Professor Nunes says I am. It isn't possible. What did I do to get in this mess? Oh yeah. I was born. I couldn't sleep at all the night after we talked to Professor Nunes. I trudged down the hallway to the elevator to breakfast. People cast me strange looks as I went in looking very disheveled. My brown hair was a tangled mess. My eyes had black circles underneath them. I looked absolutely terrible.

But did I care?

Nope.

Since it was Saturday, I finished eating and then hurried outside. Today was the day we were allowed to roam around Sacramento unsupervised. There was a crowd gathering around the Hippoplum Metro awaiting instructions from Mr. Elmer. He cleared his throat to signal everyone to quiet down.

"Okay first years! It's time for you to explore unaided. Now I bet you're all wondering how you're going to disguise your eyes and blood. Yes; blood you might start bleeding if you scrape a knee or something and then you would be exposed." At this everyone laughed. Then he passed out necklaces with small purple stones hanging off of them to the girls and bracelets with the same stone for the boys. Everyone was holding them up and inspecting them as if the necklace would start glowing.

"This necklace or bracelet will disguise you. It is enchanted with Fog. Once you put it on, your eyes will change to either blue or green," Mr. Elmer said. Everyone looked in awe at the power of the little stone. Emma had a look of discomfort on her face.

"I'm sorry Mr. Elmer, but I'm afraid I cannot accept this. I feel more comfortable wearing my green contacts. I ... don't want to change the actual color of my eyes. Just hide it underneath something else," Emma said.

"Yeah but what about your blood?" Mr. Elmer asked.

"Ugh. Fine I'll wear it only for my blood, but I'm still wearing my contacts." After she said that, everyone else just shrugged and began putting on their necklaces or bracelets. Hunter basically pounded my shoulder in excitement.

"What's my eye color?!" he excitedly asked.

"Blue," I replied. It really suited him actually. I didn't realize I was staring for so long until he shifted uncomfortably. I blushed and looked away. Emma came back with her green contacts in place. Will also had blue eyes. I had green.

"Okay everyone! Split into groups of three!" I turned around and Will, Emma, and Hunter were together. They all cast me an apologetic look. Okay. Whatever. Just leave me out. I went to go find another group when I noticed that everyone was in a group of three already except, of course, Garfield and her sidekick, Clarissa Myers. My stomach filled with dread. Her expression wasn't welcoming either.

I could spot Lynn over in the third year section and she had an smirk on her face. Of course she found this funny. I mean if it were Hunter who got stuck in Garfield's group, I would have tried not to explode with laughter. Emma on the other hand would make a loud side comment.

After everyone put on their Fog chain (that's what Mr. Elmer said to call it), we boarded the Hippoplum Metro. Before we left, Milora boarded the bus and explained all the rules that we had to follow and to especially not use our Gift whatsoever. She glared in Hunter's direction when she said this. We were told to sit with our group, which was just peachy. Garfield and Clarissa acted like I wasn't even there. They sat right next to each other, leaving a large gap separating me and them. It was a short ride, only about ten minutes, but it felt like forever to me. I had to sit through Garfield and Clarissa gossiping about poor Rick Norris who always spent his time chatting with the little mouse that lived in the corner of Professor Nunes' classroom. He was always being bullied. I felt bad for him.