Chapter 2

"Señor, ito po 'yong nag-a-apply na bodyguard ni Señorito Eze." The maid introduced me to my target.

"Maganda," my target said. "Tanggap ka na, hija." Inalok niya ang kamay niya sa akin.

I looked at his hand before gently shaking it. On the contrary, I was gripping it so tight inside my mind.

Their house was a combination of modern and Spanish style. It was big, but kind of three times smaller than ours.  And this guy looked like a beggar in the US. He looked worse than his pictures. He had olive skin, a flat and fat nose, a messy mustache, and a mole on the side of his nose, and his new haircut didn't help at all; it made his face even uglier. He was tall—6'1 in my estimation. But I was 5'10, so it's not hard to stab his eyeballs for me. 

"Bueno, hija," napabalik ako sa diwa ko nang magsalita ang target ko. "Huwag mo akong titigan nang ganiyan dahil baka agawin kita sa unico hijo ko." He laughed.

Scary.

"Sige na, Rosa, ihatid mo na siya sa kwarto niya." He told the maid.

"Wait, Mister. I mean, teka lang, Señor. May sarili ba akong kwarto?" I asked.

I hate sleeping with anyone. I'd curse this old man to death if I did not have one. Especially when it was hot, I often sleep with my clothes off. 

"Por supuesto, hija," he smiled.

Fortunately, I know how to speak in Spanish. That's why I understood what he said. He said, "of course."

"Pwede ba namang hindi ka magkaroon ng sarili mong kwarto." His smile sent me creepy feelings.

Creepier than me.

"Shall we go now?" I asked the maid.

The maid then nodded and led the way to my room here in a house like hell. The room was nice, but it was different from what I expected.

At night, I roamed around the mansion to find the perfect corner to install surveillance camera. My surveillance camera was just small so I was sure that no one could see it. I was about to go back to my room when I bumped into the wall and it hit my forehead so hard.

"Oh, freak," I held my forehead.

"Who are you?" I stopped rubbing my forehead when I heard that from my behind. It was said by a baritone voice.

"F-felize," oh God, my brother didn't change my fake identity that's why I had a hard time saying my fake name.

I faced the guy with my usual poker face. I closed my eyes so tight when he turned the light on.

"Oh, Jesus. Could you please turn that off?" I said with my eyes closed.

"Oh, yeah?" He sarcastically chuckled.

"Fuck you," I opened my eyes and glared at him. "You must be Hades?" I asked him.

He was the perfect opposite of his dad. He had a pointed nose, almond-shaped amber eyes, perfect jaw, perfect lips, and fair skin.

"My name is Eze, not Hades," he corrected.

"Pardon," I blinked twice.

His full name was 'Ezeriah Hades Alladarez' so I assumed that his nicknames was Hades because Ezeriah was kinda feminine.

"You must be my new girl bodyguard?" He asked with a playful smirk.

"Yeah," I answered with no emotion.

"You look great," he suddenly complimented.

"Is that a part of being my boss?" I asked.

"So rude," he chuckled. "I'm just telling the truth. You look great; it looks like you are not poor at all."

"Poor judgement," I smirked and slowly walked towards him. I stopped when I already got to his side and then I leaned to his ear and whispered

"Keep that opinion on yourself, boss. It sucks."

The next morning, it was my first day, and I needed to accompany my boss to his school. Here we go; they made me the babysitter of an 18-year-old heartthrob. 

As we were walking down the hallway, a girl went to him, and as a part of my job, I blocked her. She looked at me with disgust, but I just raised a brow at her and showed her my ID.

"Eze, who is she?" The girl asked Hades with teary eyes.

"Idiot," I murmured.

The girl turned to me, glaring. I just smirked though. I'd like this girl. She was so cute. Not in a nice way.

"Irish, this is Felize, my girl bodyguard. Felize, this is Irish, my ex," Hades introduced.

"Felize," Irish nodded repeatedly. "Why did your mom give you that name?"

"She did not, my brother did," I answered.

"Oh, poor you," she scoffed.

"Have I said anything when your mom named you that stupid name? Your mom is dense; she named you after the people of Ireland." I fought back in a deadpan manner before turning my back against her.

She was about to pull my hair when I catched her fist just in time. I turned around and managed to crack her joint. It was just one, though.

Hades brought her to the hospital. I came with him, of course. When Hades came out from the ER, I just glanced at him. He sighed when I did that.

"Could you please be gentle with people?" He asked and sat down next to me.

"Only if they could do the same," I answered. "Everyone is so tough with me, the world is like torturing me since the day I came out from my mom's womb." I closed my eyes as I reminisced those moments where people were so cruel to me.

I was walking with my family on the red carpet. My mom was holding my hand while smiling at people. As a kid who admired her, I smiled too. I smiled cheekily as I enjoyed the stares; I enjoyed the crowd because that was what my mother did.

"Mommy, why are they smiling at us and why are you smiling at them?" I asked joyfully.

"Because they adore our family, darling," my mother answered.

"Really—" I haven't finish my words because a hand wrapped my nape around and I was forced to be separated with my mom. And then I felt dizzy.

When I woke up, I was in a dark room. My wrists were tied behind the chair in which I was sitting, and my feet were tied together. The lights opened, and there were a lot of people in front of me. They were holding knives, torches, guns, and other swords. 

"Gising na ang tiyanak ng pamilya Lozueqo!" A man shouted.

"Huwag muna natin patayin, pahirapan muna natin! Dapat lang na pahirapan natin siya, kapalit ng pagpapahirap ng pamilya niya sa pamilya natin!" The other man responded.

I began to cry because I was scared. My hands were shaking as I watched some of them walk towards me. Even if I tried to get loose, I couldn't. I just hurt myself as I was moving my body to get loose.

"Why am I here?" I asked, crying.

"Dahil sa pamilya mo, bata," a man holding a knife said and held my chin. "Handa ka na bang magilitan sa leeg?"  As soon as he asked that, he slid his knife on my neck.

I cried because there was so much pain. I felt my blood drip down to my cloth as I cried in pain. The people started to attack me, and they all hurt me. Some of them tried to burn my hand, and some of them hit me with their knives. They hurt me until I felt numb. 

And that was the reason why I loved killing and torturing people. And even more, I loved seeing blood. That turned me into a monster.

That was an evident that no one was born evil, every villain has a dark story.