Rufus Emeterio

Rufus Emeterio
2:12 pm

"Do you want some tea?"

Mateo asks as we start to walk to the kitchen, he tosses his keys on the counter.
"Isn't your stove busted?" I lean against the counter with my hands tucked away in the hoodie pocket.
"Oh crap, yeah." he flinches away from the burner and laughs nervously "Imagine after all this the stove is what takes me out." He looks around his cupboards and the fridge for a little while but he can't find anything that isn't raw pasta or tea bags. I chuckle.
"This has been broken for like two weeks. How is this the only food you have?" He shrugs
"Well Elliot made some food for me, but I told him not to bring it over once I got the call. Before that, all I was really eating were waffles" He pulls out half a bag of flour "Can you eat flour?" I cock my head to the side with a confused look. "So that's a no?" He asks and I can't help but laugh.
"Dude, we can just order something. We don't have to start eating the flour." He chuckles, putting away the bag.
"Fine then." 

We leave the kitchen with my arm around his shoulders.I take in a deep breath, with a big smile. Because less than 48 hours ago, Death-Cast hit me up and told me I was gonna die, and I met a this amazing kid called Mateo. Out of the thousands of Decker's I could have met, I met him. Mateo Torrez, the nicest guy on Earth, the guy I love. He saved my life. 

I can't believe how lucky I am.

"What are you smiling about?" Mateo asks, chuckling as we go to his living room.
"I'm just smiling, am I not allowed to be happy now?" We crash on his sofa, Mateo wastes no time curling into me. 
"Nah, you're not actually." He looks up at me with a grin. I roll my eyes.
"Asshole" He giggles as he reaches around for the remote.
"Have you ever seen Up?" 
"Nah, what's it about?" 
"I watched it a few times when I was a kid. It's all about this old guy that makes his house fly with balloons."
"Sounds cute, let's put it on" I wrap my arms around him as Mateo shuffles closer to me, his head on my chest. Gentle music starts to play as the movie starts.

2:42 pm

"They just killed her. Wh-why would they do that?" I say with a wobbly voice, as my vision starts to blur. Mateo tries to hide his laughter, but he fails miserably. 
"Are you crying?" He looks up at me, I look away.
"No" I wipe my cheek.
"Oh my god, you're crying" He sits up to get a better look at me.
"I'm not"
"You are" He gets closer.
"Fuck off" I chuckle, pushing him away gently.
"Aw, I'm sorry" He giggles. "I should've warned you about the dangers of Pixar movies." He looks up at me again, lovingly wiping my cheek with his thumb. He shuffles a little closer and softly kisses my cheek.
"Feeling any better?"
"Not yet." He tries to say something but I kiss him again before he has the chance. He grins against me as he starts to kiss me back, placing a hand on my cheek.I guide us into a slow but steady rhythm. Kissing the boy you love feels a hell of a lot better knowing you've got more than a few hours left with each other. As he leans in closer, I wrap my arms around his waist and then...the craziest fucking thing happens.

Right when I thought I was safe. Life finds a way to fuck me over again.

We pull apart, staring at each other with equal shock in our eyes. My stomach drops and my phone rings in my pocket, it's a unforgettable sound I know too damn well.

The Death-Cast ringtone.

I sit up, Mateo follows, shifting away from me a little bit to give me some space.

What the actual fuck is going on? Death-Cast doesn't just call you in the middle of the day. Why is it my phone that's ringing?  I can't be dying. Hell no, not after all of this. I have danced with death already, I have dodged bullets and bombs and I am done with it. I refuse to do this End Day bullshit again.