"We have to help!" Rory yelled to Carol as she raced down the stairs, Carl behind her, both of them armed.

"We saw them from upstairs, they're coming in from all over." Carl gasped.

"You have to stay here and keep Judith safe." Carol told the two, running out the door. They were both quiet before Rory looked to Carl.

"No." Carl told the girl. "I know that look, and the answer is no."

"If we're protecting Jude, who's gonna protect everyone else?" Rory stressed.

"Rory, you're a kid!" Carl yelled as he grabbed his sisters elbow. She shrugged him off harshly and backed towards the door.

"They don't know how to fight Carl!" with that, Rory too ran outside, ignoring the frantic calls from her brother. Carl had no other choice but to stay and protect Judith.

•••

She had killed quite a few, she wasn't exactly counting. All that she knew is that she was keeping away as many as she could from the house, and saving those who needed it. She had even directed Ron towards her house, telling him Carl would keep him safe. He probably wouldn't listen cause she was a kid, she knew that, but at least she could say she tried. At least she was helping.

She shot another man dead. He was chopping up one of the Alexandrians. Rory cringed, they looked like mince meat, she couldn't even figure out who it was. Before she could even turn around, Rory was practically thrown to the ground.

A man whacked the child on the arm with his spear, before he could stab her, he dropped, a bullet in his head. Rory looked behind and up. Spencer nodded to her from the guard tower. Not long after there was a boom and then a horn blaring. Rory didn't have the time nor the patience to figure it out.

The girl dodged an attack from the side, levelling her gun at the man's head, she shot him dead. These people had no guns, so they were at an advantage. They just couldn't let them get to the armoury. She watched as his body dropped to the floor. She couldn't feel bad, not when they could be the ones to kill her family if she didn't get them first.

At one point, she ended up fighting back to back with Rosita, but the woman had to help take Holly to the infirmary, so Rory was once again fighting on her own, however she did find Morgan. He was tying up a man, one of the attackers. He watched as Rory strode forward with a purpose.

"No." Morgan stated, standing inbetween the young girl and the man on the floor.

"Morgan. I mean this in the nicest way possible, but move out of my way, or I'll move you myself." Rory threatened. In hindsight, she would have thought Morgan would have laughed at her- a small, skinny kid, threatening him- a full grown man.

"We don't have to kill them." The man reasoned. He didn't anticipate Rory pushing him out of the way hastily. The man stumbled a little.

"They don't get to live." Rory hissed. Morgan was going to say something else, but Rory didn't want to hear it. She shot the man in his head, then she ran before he could say anything else.

•••

Rory had a tendency to bite off more than she could chew, and right now she did just that. She had three men surrounding her. With a swift move, she shot one in the head before the other two darted forwards.

She moved to the left, avoiding a dagger to the side and she shot the second man. She aimed at the third and heard a click when she tried to shoot him. Her eyes went wide.

"Shit."

The man smirked before charging, giving Rory no time to arm herself with her knives. She cried out as the man pushed her to the floor, head slamming harshly against the concrete floor.

He grinned as he held the machete up above his head, before a shot rang out and he flopped backwards. Rory was dazed, but she knew she didn't shoot the man. She sluggishly rolled onto her stomach and saw Rosita rushing towards her. Rory furrowed her brows.

"Holly?" The girl slurred a little, standing up with the aid of Rosita. The woman checked the girl over before hugging her tightly for a split second. She then held her at arm length and gave her what Rory deemed as the 'unimpressed aunt stare.'

"What are you doing still by yourself? I thought you was going to protect Judith?" Rosita scolded the girl.

"She's with Carl." Rory defended. Rosita sighed before grasping the girls hand. There was no way Rosita would let the girl to go wandering on her own again. It's a miracle she hadn't been hurt more than a few bruises and probably a concussion. The two fought side by side, Rory slightly off balance. The two ended up finding Maggie and Deanna, Spencer too.

"What happened today..." Spencer begun, looking at Rosita as she held Rory's hand. "That's what it's like out there?"

"Pretty much." Rosita shrugged, swinging Rory's arms slightly, trying to distract the child. She knew once everything calmed down, the girl would begin to spiral.

"How do you... how do you just live knowing that's the world?" Spencer asked grimly, looking to the ground as he held onto his rifle tighter.

"This group. Abraham, and this place." Rosita looked at him. "Make sure you got something worth dying for." The two girls kept walking towards Maggie and Deanna, letting Spencer linger behind.

"We're still here." Maggie told Deanna, a tight smile stretched across her lips.

"Not all of us."

•••

Carl wasn't too impressed when Rory stumbled into the house infront of Maggie. He said something to Rory, but she wasn't listening. The girl walked over to the kitchen sink and put a blob of soap on her hands before she began washing off the flaky blood. She took time in cleaning her hands, drowning out the yells of her brother.

Once her hands were clean, she dried them off on a towel before making her way to Judith's room. Carl had resorted to just looking at the girl angrily as he followed her around. Rory walked over to Judith's crib, the baby clapping her hands as she saw her sister.

"I didn't know she was awake." Carl mumbled under his breath. Rory just shrugged and picked the baby up, Judith playing with Rory's hair. "What we're you thinking?"

"I was thinking these people can't fight." Rory snapped back. "I can." It was silent for a moment, Carl shaking his head slightly before letting out a breath. He watched Rory sit on the sofa, Judith in her lap. He sat next to his sisters.

That's how the three stayed for the rest of the night, all sitting together as they awaited the return of their father.

•••
eughhhhhhh Sam and Cobly eughhhhhhh

Please don't forget to vote and comment!<3