Ghost Busters

It had been just a week or so since Will had come home from the arcade and it was already Halloween.

Will and his friends, Dustin, Lucas, and Mike had all coordinated costumes you and Joyce had sewn together.

The four boys all dressed up as the ghost busters, the newest and most popular show around town.

And before Will goes to school Joyce wanted to get some pictures of her boy.

Jonathan lent her his professional camera to capture the moment.

She holds it up to her face with you gently placing your hands on her shoulders as Will poses for her.

He holds up his ghost-sucker thingy.

You have no idea what's what on the outfit as you hadn't watched the movie.

But the boy is a good poser for photos, that's for sure.

Joyce smiles as she snaps a couple of photos.

And after a minute or two Will begins to get bored, "Moooommmm, do we really need these many pictures?".

"Yes, Will! You look so cute in your little costume!" she replies, taking more photos.

You chuckle softly, "Come on, Joy, give Will a little break. It's almost time for him to get going!".

She smiles and sighs before putting the camera down on the table beside her.

She hugs Will before sending him off to school, "Bye, Bye, sweetheart! I'll see you later, baby!".

Will waves at her as he begins to bike off down his route to school.

She sighs again, leaning into you as she asks, "Do you think he'll be safe? Biking around on his own?".

"He'll be fine, Joy. He's 12, he can take care of himself for a little while." you reply, curling one arm around her back, pulling her ever closer.

"Mhm, I just love when you call me that, babe." she murmurs into your shoulder.

You laugh, "Joy?".

She nods.

"Good to know." you reply.

Most of the day passes by.

But just halfway through the usual school hours Joyce receives a call.

She answers it as you sit at the kitchen table, watching her intently.

"Yes, this is Ms.Byers." she says to the person on the line.

Her eyebrows rise as she asks, "Mike? Why are you calling me at school?".

After a few moments she says, "Okay. Just wait there. I'll be over in a minute!".

She slams the phone against the receiver before calling, "Y/N! Take me to Will's school! He needs us!".

You don't ask questions as you nod, heading out to the front of her house, hopping into the driver's seat of her car.

She hops into the passengers seat as you begin to drive to his school.

On the way there, you interrogate her.

"What is it? Is Will okay?" you ask.

She shakes her head, "I don't know. Mike called me from the payphone at their school and he told me Will was in the field by himself. He can't move. He can't talk. They tried everything but he won't do anything. They have no idea what's happening but we need to get there ASAP!".