Radio Will

You wake up on Joyce's couch again to the sound of her front door opening.

You stand up before wiping your eyes.

You watch in confusion as several kids file into her home.

But it looks as if Joyce knows them, so you don't ask questions.

Once they're all in, they sit down around her TV in the corner.

You walk over to Joyce, "Who are these?".

"Oh, these are Will's friends, Mike," she begins, pointing to them as she introduces them by name, "Dustin, Lucas, and a girl they say will help us find my boy.".

Mike says, "Her name is Eleven. But we call her El.".

You nod, "I'm Officer Y/N, nice to meet you all. How is Miss.El going to help Ms.Byers with finding Will?".

Dustin looks at you, "Can we trust you? Will you promise not to tell? This information is strictly for our ears and if anyone else finds out we know what's going on they'll shut us up...if you know what I mean...the gov...".

"Of course. I'm just a rookie anyways, they would just laugh at me, but I won't tell a soul, kiddos. Promise." you assure them.

After a few seconds of eyeing you suspiciously, Dustin and Lucas give El the all clear.

El murmurs, "Upside down. Will is...stuck. Can't leave.".

Mike translates for her, "We think Will is stuck in a place El calls the 'upside down'. She knows how to get to him there. There are monsters there and he's in trouble. But if we have any chance of getting him out, it'll be with her. She can use radio and TV frequencies to bend them so we can contact Will from where he is.".

Joyce nods, clasping her shaky hands together.

"O..Kay...I mean, I saw one of those Demogorgons come out of Ms.Byer's wall the other day so I believe you guys." you promise.

They all look to El.

She's a young girl with medium-length blonde hair.

But you can see her natural edges of her black-brown hair beneath it.

You ignore it.

You've seen a monster emerge from wallpaper a little ago so, nothing fazes you much anymore.

"Ms.Byers? Do you have a blindfold?" asks Mike.

Joyce nods before fumbling in her jean pocket, pulling out a long black scarf.

She must have been preparing for this thing.

Mike takes it, wrapping and tying it around El's face so she can't see.

"Now, do you have a radio, Ms.Byers?" says Mike.

She turns around, jogging down the hall before returning a few moments later, a small radio in her hands.

She gives it to Mike.

He lays it in the middle of the circle of children.

"Okay. Perfect...everyone, don't make a noise. She needs to concentrate. Everyone ready?" asks Mike.

Lucas and Dustin nod.

You and Joyce follow suit.

"Okay, you ready, El?" he asks.

El nods beneath the blindfold, "Mhm. Turn it on.".

He flicks the radio on.

The room fills with static while everything else is silent.

You've never seen anything quite like it.

But soon, you're even more shocked as you watch the knob on the radio that flips from music channel to the next turning on it's own, slowly going from station to station.

But the radio doesn't play the music it usually does, instead it's just different wavelengths of pure static.

It's so captivating you feel as if you can't look away.

As El's nose begins to bleed, you hear a young boy's voice come through the radio.

"Mom? M-M-Mom, I'm scared!" Says a choppy, static-y voice.

Joyce gasps, placing her hand over her mouth and grasping your arm as she replies, "Will! Will, I'm here! Hold on, Mommy will be right there as soon as we know where you are! Are you okay, baby?!".

After a few moments the voice replies, "M-Mom! I think it's after me! The demogorgon! Save me, mom! Please!".

Then, the radio cuts out, changing from static into silence.

El wipes her nose of blood before taking the blindfold off.

Joyce rushes to the radio, picking it up and holding it to her ear, "Will! Will, I-I'm still here! Please answer me, sweetheart!".

Nothing answers her desperate pleas.

"I-It's Mom! Will? Will!" she cries as her voice breaks.

She slams the radio back onto the floor before she softly murmurs, "No...no, no, no, no! No-o-o-o!!".

You lean down behind her to place a gentle hand on her back, rubbing it up and down, "It's okay, Joyce. He was there! He was actually alive! He's alive!".

She sniffles before standing up beside you.

She wipes her eyes as she turns to El, "How in the hell do we get to this upside down now?".