𝐗𝐈𝐕; 𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

Falling.

Your last memory was about falling.

You were thrown somewhere as your ears rumbled and every breath felt as if you were being stabbed.

'How did we survive?' you mused. 'The adepti were present, but they also seemed to be taken by surprise plus they couldn't have done anything in such a short time...'

You looked out of the window at the people on the street. You sighed, it doesn't matter.

Someone knocked.

You turned towards the door. "Come in"

"Greetings. Excuse me for coming here without any notice."

"I didn't expect to see you here, Lady Keqing," then you became aware of your state. "I'm apologise for receiving you like this-"

She smiled reassuringly. "Don't worry, I should have said I was coming."

You did your best to reassure her.

"I hope you feel better," she said.

"Yes, especially after losing consciousness for almost a day," you laughed.

However, you still hadn't recovered from the feverish state that Yaksha's presence caused you. However, it wasn't new to you, usually some people in Qingce suffered from it due to the presence of the carcass of a dragon killed during the Archon War. Although the corruption had been stopped by Rex Lapis or in the local tongue, Yanwang Dijun, the fallen god kept afflicting the area by either cursing someone or ruining the harvests.

The good thing about having that sort of illness was that, at this point, you had memorised the cure used by the elder of the village.

"I'm glad to hear it," you couldn't tell if it was sarcasm or pure politeness, but knowing her, you opted for the latter, 'Lady Ningguang wanted to thank you for your help.

You held back a bitter smile. "I appreciate your kindness but that won't be necessary."

The Yuheng's expression betrayed her surprise.

"But," you continued, "I would like to ask a favour from you."

Her expression came back to seriousness. "What is it?

You inhaled deeply. "I know that it sounds strange, but please forget about my presence that day." Your eyes met hers, "No one must know, not the Qixing nor the people. Only those who were present"

I can't let them find out.