♡ 9 ♡

You had woken up later than you had hoped, causing you to leave the dorm late yet arrive at Ramshackle a little earlier than expected. Did you use your magic to get their quicker? That's between you and the black spec on your magestone that will surely appear later. It was a long run.

With a heavy sigh you knocked on Ramshackles door. Some shuffling was heard before the door flew open. Dust and a peice of wood fell from the roof which concerned you, greatly.

'How unsafe is this place...?' You sweat dropped before returning your attention back to Deuce, who stood there with his tie hanging off his neck. Clearly he had just woke up when you knocked.

"Oh Y/n! You're a bit early aren't you?" He smiled before allowing you in. Ace, Yuu and Grim were no where to be seen yet.

"Yeah, I woke up a bit later than I wanted but still managed to get here early. You know how long it takes to get to the magic mirror from the dorm" You chuckled as Deuce fixed up his tie.

"I've never been to Diasomnia but I can imagine" He looked up briefly to smile at you.

"How have you been enjoying your dorm... well aside from the rules and stuff" You scratched your cheek sheepishly after recalling everything that has happened so far.

"Ah well I've met some cool people I suppose. The lessons aren't what I imagined but they're still cool." He finished up his tie and stood to find is blazer.

"I'm just glad I got into the same school as you, thank you for helping me become a better person to get this far" Deuce spoke as he slipped his blazer on.

"Ah, I really did nothing aside from suggesting the school and helping you study a litte but I'm glad you're enjoying it here" You chuckled lightly.

"Have you ate breakfast? I could make you some, I don't think Yuu would mind" He asked while pointing to the kitchen behind him.

"Oh! I'll be fi-" You were swiftly cut off when Grim ran into the room. Ace and Yuu following behind.

"Did someone say breakfast?" Grim ran and sat infront of Deuce. Similar to a cat might I add.

"Good morning, Y/n" Yuu smiled as he walked in, swiftly picking up Grim and placing him infront of some Tuna on the counter. Ace plopped himself unceremoniously on the sofa seat next to you.

"Good morning guys, sorry for showing up early" You spoke nervously.

"It's fine, you're always welcome here" Yuu smiled as he went to retrieve his and Ace's blazers. Then proceeding to throw Ace's blazer in his face.

With a huff, Ace sat up and put his blazer on. A loud bang was heard soon after with dust falling from the ceiling, yet again. You covered your mouth and nose with your blazerso you didn't inhail any dust.

"I'm coming!" Ace swiftly yelled before jumping up from his seat and running to the door. He tripped a little on the way but you thought he would be too embarrassed if he knew you saw.

After some mumbling, instead of one ginger appearing from around the corner, two gingers came forth. One way more cheerful than the other.

"Gooooooood morning everyone!" He cheerfully exclaimed. A little too cheerfully for how early it was.
"Did you all enjoy your sleepover? Oh, did you play cards?" He smiled with the same energy as perviously before he noticed you. His face somehow lit up more at the sight of you.
"Ah good morning Y/n!" He exclaimed (yet again) as he walked over and engulfed you in a bear hug.

"Ah, good morning to you too Carter" you muffled from his shoulder.

"Uh good morning, Carter. Yeah we did play cards" Ace replied. Almost in a confused manner at his actions.
"We only played old maid 'cause that's the only one Grim knew how to play" He chuckled slightly. Grim was not amused in the slightest and glared at him after finishing his tuna.

"Yeah! And I got the old maid everytime!" Grim growled with his paws pressed firmly against his sides, Carter finally let go of you at this point.

"Let's say Grim doesn't have a good poker face" Deuce chuckled from near the door.

"Well~ you should grab that tart we made and go apologise to Riddle" Carter smiled wryly to Ace.
"And you should probably hurry because after yesterday we're a little short-handed" He almost mumbled that last sentence.

"Huh?" You questioned him. To which he merely shook his head as if to not ask.

"Anyways off to the party we go! Oh Y/n Riddle extended the invite to you too" He turned on his heel to tell you before heading towards the door.

Ace swiftly made his way to go retrieve the tart. Deuce, Grim and Yuu made their way out and were waiting outside. You took the opportunity to secure this...lovely dorm...from collapsing on your companions.

You pressed your hand against the broken down walls and allowed your magic to flow into it. A faint glow escaped through the cracks in the walls before the glow mostly disapated. To test your spell you weakly punched the wall, not a single spec of dust fell. Smiling you left the dorm as Ace returned.

"What was that bang?" He asked, with a tilted head, as you walked out.

"I don't know what you're talking about"
_________________________________________

The Heartstabul dorm filled your view as you stepped through the portal once more. It was a very beautiful and peaceful moment until a certain someone spoke up.

"Alright...so I'll hand over the tart and I'll say I'm sorry-" Ace spoke as if he was rehearsing it to himself or hyping himself up.

"Hey its about time I got back! Good to see me!" Another Carter walked towards your group as he spoke. However, this Carter was in his gym uniform.

'Oh he was using his unique magic?' You smiled as you looked over to the confused group.

"Looking good as always me!" The Carter that brought you here exclaimed.

'Ah so that Cater is-' Your thoughts were cut off by lowercase screams.

"Bwah!?" Your group, aside from you, shouted in confusion.

"There's two Carters....?" Deuce mumbled in his confusion.

"Nope! It's my unique magic~" The Carter that brought you here explained.
"Split card, it let's me make magical duplicates of myself"

"That must be how Carter kept coming after we beat him over and over yesterday huh.." Deuce mumbled just loud enough for you to hear.

"Welcome home darlings~" A Carter in his lab coat emerged with a wink. You were unsure if it was in your direction or not.

"Good to see you, Y/n!" A Carter in his robes came from behind and hugged you.
"You're late! I was worried sick..." He said as he rested his head on your shoulder and looked at you, then the rest of the group.

"Gah! There's more of them?!" Ace exclaimed, causing the Carter hugging you to remove himself.

"Just so you know, I'm the real Carter" The Carter in his gym clothes pointed out.
"Making these dupes is suuuper exhausting so I can't maintain them long" As he said that one of the Carters disappeared, leaving behind a card. To be exact the card of diamonds.

"Ah.. anyways if we're late, heads will roll. Anddd since we're several heads short already, we'll need your help." He chuckled dryly.
"Specifically you Y/n.. I-if you don't mind of course!" He stuttered nervously.

"Yeah sure, I don't mind" You smiled softly.
'Is it really that scary to ask me to do things?' You questioned youself. You definitely didn't want people to be scared of you.

He sighed in relief before continuing "When we've finished I promise I'll take you guys straight to Riddle"

"EH!? more roses?!" Grim exclaimed towards you and Carter.

Carter chuckled before walking with you, at his side, towards the unpainted rose bushes.
"Alright let's get this over and done with!"

_________________________________________

1358 words

I planned on making this chapter longer but it felt weird to not end it here :,)