Chapter 6

Twitter: @PandieBearMalik 

Chapter 6:

Niall POV:

Hayley was lying on my chest and all I could think of was Demi. She hates me. I called her multiple times no answer. Hayley woke up. “Baby, who you calling?” she asked. Oh it’s nothing babe, just Hazza.” I lied. I had to. If she knew I was calling Demi she would lose her shit. I was positive that I had no feelings for Demi. I knew I didn’t. I love Hayley. Not Demi. I’m positive. But she never had feelings for me, I remember.

I turn 25 in a couple of hours and every year since I met Demi we would spend the day together. Tomorrow would be the first day ever. But I’m spending it with Hayley so I guess that is better.  I decided to go to sleep and Hayley decided to jump into bed and demanded ‘sex’. “Baby, not now. I’m tired and I need sleep”. I told her. She must have had too much to drink or something. “Night honey” I said as I fell asleep.

I woke up and Hayley was right in my face. Wow she can be a bit loud and happy all the time but that is one of the best things about her. I checked all my texts and none of them were from Demi. I was so upset but I couldn’t show it since Hayley thinks I don’t care about demi anymore and of course I do. I went on twitter and tweeted a thank you to all my directioners. This past week has been hell. No word from Demi, at all. She’s my best friend, my first love. I’ve moved on and everything but I miss her so freaking much.

I call the boys saying I can’t make it into work today. They were disappointed but I needed the day off. I couldn’t think straight. I don’t exactly know what was happening but something was. Hayley was spending the weekend with her family and I was by myself. I’m sick of questioning myself about Demi. If I did still love her I would be with her not Hayley. So I know that. But why does it hurt so much not being able to talk to her. I hate feeling like this.

Demi POV:

I decided to stay the weekend at my mother’s house. I miss Maddy and Dallas so I’m happy to see them. I got there and I just got massive hugs from them all. It was the best home welcoming gift ever. I love them so much. They were the people that were there for me when I was going through rehab. I really couldn’t imagine my life without them. I had a family dinner with them and that is what I needed right now.

I’m in my room and I notice that it’s Niall’s birthday tomorrow. I have ignored him ever since I threw that necklace. If I ever talked to him, I would just burst into tears and what kind of friend would I be? I’ve decided that I’m not going to the wedding it was just too hard. I can’t even tell Niall Happy Birthday. All of this is making me feel like I don’t even deserve him as a friend. Maybe I don’t. I don’t see things changing anytime soon.

The day past and sadly all I could think of was him. I basically eat all my feelings. Oh my gosh, that even reminds me of him. Why. Why do I have to love him this much. “You always fall for the people you can’t have” That quote relates to me so much right now. I pick up my phone enter Niall’s number and I text him “I love you”. I thought twice about it and I couldn’t send it. I back spaced every letter and just locked my phone. I couldn’t wreck a wedding, especially not like this.

I think the thing that hurt the most was when I read that note in that secret room. A year ago and I still remember every bit of it. Flowers everywhere, chocolate fountain on the side and just a note with my name on it. “I love you my beautiful girl.” is the line that really got to me. I loved him than, and I love him today. I wish I told him back then. But you can’t undo the past and I guess that’s how it supposed to be.