𝟎𝟎𝟏

𝟎𝟎𝟏
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝑃𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝐷𝑎𝑦, 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟤
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢs: 𝖻𝗋𝗂𝖾𝖿 𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌 𝗈𝖿 𝖺𝖻𝗎𝗌𝖾, 𝗌𝖾𝗑𝗎𝖺𝗅 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝖺𝗎𝗅𝗍, 𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖽𝗂𝗌𝗈𝗋𝖽𝖾𝗋

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Charlotte Ann was born on May 25th, 2004 to Diane and Andrew Mitchell. Together they lived in Chesapeake, Virginia. After Charlotte's third birthday, her father started drinking, then abusing her mother. It got worse, the abuse turning to the small child. Once charlotte turned 12, the abuse became sexual.

In February of 2018, three months before Charlotte's 14th birthday, she started her period. Her father, being a sexual sadist, but also a pedophile, began looking for young girls resembling his daughter. But instead of only raping them, he killed them.

That's where the BAU comes into the story. The team was assigned to the murders of 3 young girls, all with a distinct victimology, petite, blonde curly hair, blue eyes. They eventually figured out through the profile that the unsub was harnessing his daughter through the victims. They just needed to find the daughter.

When they finally caught Diane and Andrew Mitchell, Emily- the unit chief at the time- was the first to find Charlotte locked in her room upstairs, and it was locked from the outside. Charlotte immediately connected with her, she was the one who saved her after all.

After bringing Charlotte back to the local police station where they were based out of for the duration of the case, Prentiss decided to take the young girl home with her.

After 6 months of being in Prentiss' care in Quantico, Virginia, Charlotte was adopted. She happily became Charlotte Ann Prentiss.

Charlotte grew attached to Emily, she was the one person who she felt safe around. She had nightmares for months after her parents were arrested, and they continue to this day, just not as frequent.

Emily would rush to her side, no matter the time of night. She made Charlotte feel loved, something that she thought she knew the feeling of, but realized she didn't. Charlotte wouldn't hesitate to climb into Emily's bed and curl up next to her when she needed to feel the comfort of her mom. And Emily didn't push her away, just wrapped her arms around the girl and kissed her forehead.

When she was away on a case, Emily would keep her phone on at all times, always willing to drop everything to talk to her daughter. The team teased her about becoming soft, she didn't care. She finally had someone to come home to.

Charlotte needed her mom more than she could ever admit, her mom being the one source of stability and comfort that she knew she could rely on. So, when she turned 18 and started applying to colleges, she held on to their relationship with everything she had.

She didn't want to go too far, but also thought that once she was out on her own, going to school for something she loved, she would be okay. Her mom was always just one call away.

She got accepted into Carnegie Mellon University's music program in Pennsylvania, her first-choice school on a full scholarship. She knew she had to go.

September came around, and her mom flew with her to Pennsylvania, moving her into her dorm room. Charlotte gave her a teary goodbye, hugging her as if she would never see her again. Emily reminded her that she would be coming home for thanksgiving break before she knew it.

The first month of her first semester as a music student was going amazing. She texted Emily every day, and they had a scheduled time that they would FaceTime- Saturdays at 7pm.

But she didn't realize how much she would actually struggle until she had something triggering happen. All she wanted to do was bury herself in her mom's arms, but she couldn't, she was 3 states away. She told herself she shouldn't need her mom, she was 18, an adult, she could handle things on her own.

Charlotte began to fall back into old habits, restricting food, over-exercising, self-harming. She needed help but didn't want to admit it. Normally Emily would be right down the hall for her to talk to.

Thanksgiving break was in 8 days, and she had made plans with her mom that she would take a 9am flight from Pennsylvania on the Wednesday before. But Emily hadn't booked the flight yet, she just transferred the money into her bank account so charlotte could book it herself.

Her music theory class on that Tuesday was cancelled, and Charlotte wanted to get home as soon as she could. She booked a flight for that morning instead, hoping her mom wouldn't be mad. She didn't know if she would be able to go back to school once she came home and needed to get out of that small dorm room before she went completely crazy.

Tuesday morning came, and Charlotte boarded the plane, donning 2 suitcases and 2 carry-ons. Emily suspected nothing, receiving her usual good morning text that she received every day. But little did Emily know, her daughter would soon knock on her office door with that child-like yearning in her eyes that she'd become all too familiar with over the years.

𝐀/𝐍: 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝖺𝗇 𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗋𝗍 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖻𝖾𝖼𝖺𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝖨 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝗌𝖾𝗍 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗎𝗉!𝗆𝗈𝗋𝖾 𝗍𝗈 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾 ♡︎