───※ ·2· ※───

Start from the beginning

The ride from home to school was only a twenty minutes drive. I stared at the premises and then the building, noticing how deserted it was because I was quite early today.

Whenever I was in school, the female students usually trailed my path without giving me breathing space and it wasn't pleasant. I felt watched at every minute and it sometimes made me annoyed.

I brought out my earphones and placed them in my ears while holding the newest Romance Novel I'd gotten the other day at the bookstore in my hand, I strolled into the main entrance.

I flipped through the pages of my new book as I walked into the school's empty hallway, loving the quietness of the school.

"Damian!" I paused and closed my book halfway to search for the voice. It turned out to be Mr. Ezra, the coach of the swim team. I walked over to him and he stretched the flyer to me. "Help me post this on the notice board."

I looked at the flyer in his hand and back at him. "You've finally agreed on new members?"

It was an idea I'd given Mr. Ezra the other day. He nodded and patted me on my shoulder. "Also announce to the boys that they'd be a meeting after school."

"Yes coach," I quietly said and he turned to leave. I moved down the hall to where the notice board was located and pinned the flyer Mr. Ezra instructed me to pin.

Despite joining Greenville High in Ss1, I'd somehow made a name for myself. I became the captain of the male swim team and the school offered me the male sports prefect position. It wasn't like I was ecstatic about it, I was just happy to find some useful distraction.

I moved back to class after doing what Mr. Ezra asked me to do and sat on my seat with my earphones on and book in hand.

The door opened and I refused to see who it was. I kept reading and flipping the pages as the person moved and sat at the back. It would have been easier to ignore if it wasn't for the fact that the person had intense gaze boring holes at the back of my head. I could feel it, so I turned and realized it was Nsikan once our eyes met.

Nsikan was a girl from my class. She had a small body structure and was a little bit weird. That was all I knew from her since we'd never spoken. I turned to give my book my attention again, although I could still feel her eyes on me.

It didn't take too long as others started strolling into class. The quiet class became its usual noisy self almost distracting me from my book. Thank God for the music in my ears.

"Hey Damian," I didn't need to look to know who just called my name. Both sides of me immediately got occupied by Thompson and Muller, the friends I'd made in Ss1, who slowly turned into best friends I could rely on.

Thompson was fair with dark full hair. He was the first friend I made when I started schooling at Greenville High School. His parents were middle class that could afford certain things but for some reason, the rich kids labeled him poor because he was on a scholarship. That didn't last long though as many started seeing his charms, gradually making him popular.

Muller was fairer and happened to be the second friend I made after Thompson. We became friends when we all stood at the assembly hall and he kept trying to tickle my ear with a twisted paper. I snapped at him for that but he didn't stop and continued regardless. After that, he was all up in my business and I kept seeing him every second. We eventually became friends and we were inseparable ever since.

"Got you this," Queen said, the same time I flipped the page I was reading to a different one. Thompson angled my book in a way that could make him look at the title, same time I heard a snapping sound. "I was shopping the other day and got you some snacks, Damian."