Chapter Five: You Don't Have to Pretend with Me

Word Count: 3.4k

A/N: The gif above is what the newly introduced character looks like.

After saving Naboo from the Blue Shadow Virus and rescuing his padawan, Anakin was now back in Coruscant at the Jedi temple training Arya in hand-to-hand combat. "Gosh Arya if you punch like that you're gonna break your hand." He scolded as he demonstrated the correct form for throwing a punch. Though Arya was significantly skilled with the use of a lightsaber, her Master soon noticed that she did not have the same talent when it came to one on one combat.

"I'm trying Master, I'm just no good at fighting without my lightsaber." She conveyed, frustrated with her efforts.

"Well, what happens if you lose your lightsaber, or it is knocked out of your hand? How are you gonna survive?" You need to learn how to properly defend yourself in all forms, one day when you find yourself in a situation like I've mentioned then you'll be thankful for combat training." Arya's Master insisted.

"Well, maybe I just won't be dumb enough to find myself in those situations in the first place then,"

Anakin chuckled at her inexperience, "Take it from me, you will end up without your weapon on more than one occasion, and you need to be prepared to do all you can to stay alive. Were you not taught as a youngling the importance and training of physical combat?" He asked with curiosity.

"Not really, I mean sure Master Yoda told us about how important it was and there was even an assessment, but that was years ago always pursued my skill with a lightsaber over any other type of defence," Arya explained.

"It's a wonder you even passed that self-defence assessment," Anakin mumbled under his breath.

"What was that Master?" Arya snapped her head in his direction.

"Oh, nothing padawan." Anakin lightly laughed, "just focus on fixing your form." He advised.

—-----------

"I can't get it!" Arya let out a frustrated yell.

Anakin was on the other side of the training room talking with Obi-Wan about an upcoming mission that the council had assigned to him and another Jedi knight. He then turned his head in his padawan's direction when he hear a yell radiate from her end of the room.

"What are you whining about now Ar's?" He asked.

His padawan stomped over to him, "I can't do it, Master! I can't seem to get it right!" She vented.

"Calm down, your voice is giving me a headache," Anakin instructed, "what can't you do?"

"I can't seem to get the grappling right! I've been trying for the past hour and nothing is working!"

"Did you use the dummy as an opponent?"

"Yes Master, but I still can't seem to do the twirly thing around it and put its head in a headlock." Arya relayed.

"Arya it's not called a twirly th-" Anakin started before the girl cut him off, "I don't care!" she shouted.

A smile formed on his face because of his padawan's angry state, "I don't know why, but when you're angry you're face turns the slightest shade of red and your nose crinkles just a tiny bit." Anakin points out, causing Arya to huff in fury. "It's adorable," He pushes, as he boops the tip of her nose, purposely trying to rile her up.