December 16, 2022- Sick

Please like and leave comments- engagement really motivated me and inspires me to write and keep up with them! I want to reach 200 followers by the end of 2022, so please follow if you enjoy the story :) One shot recs are highly asked for in the comments, and I will definitely write each one as long as I feel comfortable with the topic! 

PLEASE BE AWARE I TOOK CREATIVE LICENSE AND THEREFORE NOT EVERYTHING IS COMPLETELY ACCURATE FROM THE BOOK! TIMELINE IS ALSO KINDA EVERYWHERE I JUST TOOK PLACES AND CHARACTERS CONVENIANT FOR ME! Sorry if there is anything inaccurate :(

Keefe sat on the windowsill in his room, curled up in an oversized hoodie which he attempted to drown himself in. What a great feeling. He stared wistfully into the window, looking at the snowflakes dropping to the ground. Each of them were unique, each its own, each dropping at their own pace free to do as they please. Keefe wanted to laugh at how crazy it sounded; he was jealous of snowflakes.

He glanced down at the journal in his lap, his new sketch sitting unfinished, just a few rough lines creating the shape of a snowflake. It was bent on one end, torn on the other, misshapen lines, and yet Keefe found it hypnotizing because despite all these tears it was so pretty.

Yep he was definitely emotional right now. He grabbed a tissue from the box nearby and blew his nose, a wet disgusting sound coming out. He sniffled, hating the feeling of congestion as he readjusted himself to get a better hold of his journal. He was super sick. And something he learned is when he was sick he was really, really, emotional. He wondered if this was what girls were like on their period. That was a weird thought. But Keefe had nothing better to do and he sat there thinking of the weirdest things, as he shivered in the cold and yet burned in the non existent heat at the same time. He really hated being sick.

The thing about being sick was Keefe wanted company, someone to joke around with and to make him feel better. His A star parents were definitely not going to do that. And if they offered, (haha imagine!) he wouldn't want to anyways.

He glanced at the little tree in the corner of his room, twinkling with lights he had decorated it with. After hearing about one of the human holidays, Christmas, Keefe decided he wanted to celebrate something too. Hot chocolate, fireplaces, pajamas, gifts, lights, were all things Keefe wanted to do. Although he wasn't sure the reason for Christmas he decided he wanted to celebrate it too. It was Keefemas. Wasn't he creative?

The problem was celebrating it with family- which was definitely not going to happen. And despite all the hype Keefe had created in his mind for it, he realized it was just another reason to be miserable as he celebrated 'keefemas' alone. But wasn't alone what he did best? He could feel tears well up in his eyes.

"What the frick?" he rasped aloud. "What is wrong with my emotions? I should call Sophie and tell her I got my period," And he proceeded to laugh in a completely not half sobbing way. He really needed help.

He grabbed his blanket and flopped on the bed, groaning in pain as he shut his eyes, not willing to pity himself anymore as he slowly fell asleep.

He woke up to the sound of knocking on his door. He rubbed his eyes and groaned, before pushing himself up and making his way to the door. His father never came, and Keefe was sure if he did he wouldn't have the courtesy to knock.

He was sure his bed head was crazy, and his throat was feeling even worse. He sighed, before opening the door.

Of course the one time he looked half dead Sophie decided to come visit. She stared, her mouth open, as if she was frozen in a greeting that no longer came out.

"Hey," Keefe attempted to say, but the phrase made a low gargle in his throat before deciding to crawl back down and die.

"Hi?" Sophie said, seemingly shocked. "Are- are you sick?"

Keefe nodded reluctantly. 'What' he mouthed, a way to say what you need, in a way she could hopefully understand. She seemed to get the gist of the question and replied "Just checking in. Fitz said you he hasn't seen you recently, and you didn't show up to Foxfire yesterday,"

Oop- maybe Keefe was too busy decorating in the excitement during the day and completely 'forgot' about school, and he was wallowing in his misery and congestion in the evening.

She looked around his room, and the lights and tree seemed to catch her eye. "Christmas..?" She said hesitantly, looking towards him for confirmation. He shook his head.

"Keefemas," He choked out, his voice gravelly. She cracked a smile.

"Well, I'm sure you don't want to celebrate it alone," She walked into his room, and set down a tray on his table he hadn't noticed her holding. He looked closer at it and saw mallowmelt. He looked up quickly, and mouthed 'me'? Pointing to himself.

"Nope! It's all for me," and with a crooked grin she stuck her finger in and pulled out a huge glob, sticking it in her mouth. She looked at Keefe triumphantly, and he stuck out his tongue. Her smile made him realize being sick might not be so bad, as she grabbed a blanket and sat next to him, the tray of mallowmelt the only thing between them.