Chapter 13: One Small Step For The Masterpiece

ابدأ من البداية

"Do you mind accompanying me for the time being? I wish to talk to you about something. Don't worry, We'll be back before Sensei ends the free time"

"What if I need to study?"

"Do you?"

Not really. I was just teasing Karuizawa, however, it seems that my tone and voice doesn't match up to what I want to happen. My monotonous voice just doesn't really have the capacity to tease another person. 

Well Kei is an exception.

I can somehow get her really flustered back when we were in high school and it was quite amusing. In truth, as the class battles rages on and the threat of the white room breathes down on my neck, coupled with the unrelenting advances of Nagumo, Ryuuen, and Sakayanagi, Kei just seems to be the only individual that manages to amuse me and brighten my day.

The beaming smile of Karuizawa appeared before me as she then turned and made her way towards the door. It seems that she wishes for me to follow her. Doing so would solve this mini mystery of what she desires to talk to me about. As I was about to exit, I caught the sight of Sensei smiling at me from ear to ear.

What did you do now?

As I followed Karuizawa in the hallway, I allowed the silence to envelope the two of us. No point in wondering what this is going to be about when she'll just tell me what's going on.

"Listen, Ayanokouji-kun, i wish to make a bet against you" She smiled softly.

A bet? jeez, another one?

"A bet?" I clarified, to which she nodded with such enthusiasm. 

"Indeed! I wish to match wits with you, Ayanokouji-kun!" She paused for the time being before her lips slowly curved ever so slightly. Seeing her smile in such a manner, felt as if I was in need to be on guard- The fact that I need to be weary with Karuizawa just says how much things have changed.

"Match wits with me?" I asked, curious as to what she means by this. I know i was barely holding back and Karuizawa is officially a few marks above him. To have her wish to match wits with his was somewhat a strange occurence. There has to be a reason behind her interest.

"Yes, I am quite proud of what I have achieved in terms of academics so far" She boasted with a smile.

How cute.

If it were Kei who said this, then i would have given her headpats as compensation for her hard work.

This doesnt mean that Karuizawa doesn't have a profound effect on me, thou. I'll admit that she is just as cute- what am I saying, they're just the same person with a different hairstyle and personality.

Either way, i still want to pat her but chose not to. The effects may be different with her.

"Chabashira Sensei had showed me something interesting, mind you"

I had a feeling that she had something to do with this- Woah!

She leaned in slowly but surely, leaning closer towards my ear. The moment I felt her hot breath brush upon my earlobe, I flinched ever so slightly. 

When have I grown so weak? No, it's not my mental fortitude that's cracking. Due to the lack of conditioning my current body has, it's more evident that my sense of touch is much more sensitive than from what I am used to. When I had a bout against Manabu-senpai, the sudden electricity coursed through my body as I swatted his arm away with so much force that it gave me the impression that I'm not as durable as I used to be.

"I wonder what Fifty-Fifty-Fifty-Fifty means" She whispered in a soft soothing whisper that seems to made the hair at the back of my neck rise up. It doesn't really help that Karuizawa's voice had become associated to music for my eardrums after i had been her husband in the previous life. Having her whisper into my ear as an attempt to lull me to a sense of heated passion every other night doesn't really help my current predicament as of this moment.