5

It was about a 45 minute drive to the company and I was only in the vicinity of the area and I was already in awe

It was about a 45 minute drive to the company and I was only in the vicinity of the area and I was already in awe. The bushes and greenery were well-kept, many known and wealthy businesses had crowded the areas, black vehicles of all sorts had been parked, and people were moving to and fro to complete any business they had in the area and to move on with their lives. The exterior of each building I drove by had already told me what type of interior it was decorated in.

I got out of the car and made my way to the entrance of the building. I looked up and down and admired the exterior. Just by looking at this building, I wanted to turn around, go home, and settle for working as a Starbucks barista with a monthly pay of 2000 dollars, but God knows I'd be insane to do that. The exterior was lined with gray material from the floor up, all the windows were heavily tinted, except for the highest one that I assumed was the highest floor. I could make out a man, standing up on the phone about something but that's about it. Right above that window, the company's logo was embroidered in gold. I swallowed the lump in my throat and walked into the building clutching my purse.

The interior was simply beautiful, marble floors complimenting the marble walls, the chandeliers could be easily mistaken for the ones in Disney movies, making them the focal point of the entrance. The pictures which lined the hallways were straight, having a black frame and each picture holding a separate meaning than the one set right beside it. Phone lines ringing and people speaking with inside voices, trying not to make much noise as soothing music played through the speakers. The cool breeze of the air conditioning made goosebumps travel down my skin.

"Madam? Are you here for the interviews?" A voice had beckoned to me from behind the receptionist desk. The voice belonged to a fragile looking woman, no younger than 50 years old, her glasses slipping down her face by the second, as she had to adjust it constantly despite the adjustable string that the glasses had. A few gray hairs were on her scalp, but she didn't have any wrinkles. Her brown eyes were filled with curiosity, even though the dark circles were quite prominent under them.

"Yes, I am." I responded, clutching the bag in my hand tightly.

She stopped typing to look at me, tired eyes meeting my gaze. Cold but welcoming.

"Do you see those people over there?" she pointed, "You can wait over there with them. Take a seat if you'd like." She smiled.

"Why thank you, Miss..."

"Gloria." she said back, still maintaining a smile on her face then nodded returning back to work.

I made my way to the bundle of people that crowded the hallway. I took a seat next to a brown lady with a similar complexion as mine, who was applying red lipstick with the assistance of a pocket mirror. Her black hair fell to her shoulders, brown eyes were quite striking. She wore a two piece outfit, the upper half looked as a white button up, leaving the two first buttons undone, leaving her perky breast on display. It stopped above her belly button, showing her piercing. She wore a plaid gray and black skirt, which appeared really short, especially because she was sitting, along with the fishnet stockings and her Mary Janes.